Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pub on the beach

Options
  • 26-03-2012 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

i was in dingle last year and someone told me about a pub that's pretty much on the beach front on it's own, i dont remember the name or location,just wondering if anyone knows the name and location of it!!thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

There's no real beach to speak of in Dingle. There are loads of pubs along the waterfront near the pier and the marina in the town. The only pubs I can think of near a beach would be Ventry or Inch.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭whistlingtitan

caherdavin has a pub on the beach

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

where exactly is caherdavin?its not in ventry or inch beach as i have been to both before.thanks for replies so far.
    its basically a pub facing onto the beach that is around a ten min drive from dingle.off the beaten track with nothing else around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

howyanow wrote: »
    i was in dingle last year and someone told me about a pub that's pretty much on the beach front on it's own, i dont remember the name or location,just wondering if anyone knows the name and location of it!!thanks

Pub on the beach is O'Carrolls Cove in Caherdaniel/Derynane

http://www.facebook.com/pages/O-Carrolls-Cove/156999261386?sk=wall

Great spot if the sun shines

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭whistlingtitan

newman10 wrote: »
    howyanow wrote: »

Pub on the beach is O'Carrolls Cove in Caherdaniel/Derynane

http://www.facebook.com/pages/O-Carrolls-Cove/156999261386?sk=wall

Great spot if the sun shines

Yea that's it but nowhere near Dingle I think the one your looking for is the far side of Dingle coming from the tralee side go through the town at the far side go left over the bridge take the first right it is a bit more than 10 mins thou

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 BernieMcS

Hi,
    There is a pub down in smerick harbour in Ballydavid right on the pier Tigh TP , it's fab on a sunny day.
    Here is the link http://www.tigh-tp.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Are you thinking of Maine's in Ballinskelligs by any chance? That has a garden that goes to a (proper sandy) beach

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

there is a pub and restaurant on the beach at inch which is on the way to dingle, if you have a drink outside on the seating it is like sitting on beach, a beautiful location, i think part of ryans daughter was held there, long beach to walk on, or have a drink on the beach bar, i think sammys is the name of the place, i went there last summer for a meal and sat outside having a drink watching the sun going down, a piece of heaven is what i would call it, would love to stay in that location sometime to enjoy it all again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

BernieMcS wrote: »
    Hi,
    There is a pub down in smerick harbour in Ballydavid right on the pier Tigh TP , it's fab on a sunny day.
    Here is the link http://www.tigh-tp.ie/

Have to agree on this one. Sitting outside on the benches on a summers evening watching the sun going down behind the "Three Sisters" with a cool pint in your hand is a joy to behold.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

was it on your way in to dingle,

• Advertisement
Advertisement