Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just completed build - no display

Options
  • 26-03-2012 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Got my delivery from hardwareversand today and just about done putting it together.
    Its just a htpc build so there isnt a graphics card, here are the parts (thread about it)
    Chieftec BT-02B, 180W SFX, Mini-ITX
    ASRock H61M-ITX, Sockel 1155, ITX
    4GB Patriot AMD Entertainment Edition PC3-12800 1600MHz
    Intel Core i3-2105 Box, LGA1155

anyhow I thought everything was connected right and I tested it before putting the case on. THe cpu fan spun, the case fan spun, the power led was on but the monitor stayed in standby - i was using one of them old pin connectors. I just thought it was the monitor so cleaned wires and put the case on and attached the hdmi lead to my tv but the same thing happened - nothing.
    Any ideas what it could be? I have power to the atx of the motherboard, a sata for the HD, hd audio, cpu+case fan, sw power, HD led, usb power to front.
    by the ways when connecting the power led header there was 3 pins
    pled+ pled+ pled- i connected to the first (+) and last (-) leaving middle blank. is that ok?
    cheers lads,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

try removing the HDD, DVD drive and the second stick of RAM.

do you have the CPU 8 pin power connected?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tdh

thanks a lot for the replt tea bag.
    cpu 8 pin power? no the only power I am using is a sata to the HD and the 24 pin atx power connector.
    I notice there is a 4 pin 'atx 12v power connector' on the mother board but I assumed that was output for a graphics card?
    I dont see any cpu 8 pin power connector though, I looked at the board and the manual but I dont see anything - unless its that atx 12v im confusing it with?
    I even took the cpu fan off the cpu to make sure it was on correctly, it was as it can only go on one way - kinda sorry I did that now but I dont think i damaged it

edit: no optical drive, for the HD i pulled the sata (from hd) from the motherboard and tested again, nothing. I put ram in the other slot made 100% it was in properly each time. rechecked all the little cables for leds and that, i only got power sw, hd led + power led, case fan is working so that must be connected. I got HD audio plugged in, the mobo got 8 channel audio so i assume this is ok.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

There's your problem, you're missing the CPU power. Its a 4pin power rather than an 8pin on that mobo though. Its just between where the VGA out is and the CPU socket on the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tdh

YES!:D
    thanks a million lads, you got it!
    got the ASrock display up and then looking for a boot disk!

Great!
    Xbmclive eden is just out so I think I might boot that up.

ps. case aint that ugly tea bag :p

• Advertisement

tdh wrote: »
    ps. case aint that ugly tea bag :p

:P

glad its sorted.

Advertisement