Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Computer Parts should I buy from the US

• 26-03-2012 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey guys

Its a first time building ( and this is my first post). I'm trying to keep costs as low as possible, €500 or less if at all possible. My Girlfriend lives in the US so she can post stuff to me so i'm wondering what parts should I get from the US and which would be better off getting at home? this might help:

1. What is your budget?
    €500, will push budget if giving a good reason

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer?
    programming, some Gaming, Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, AutoDesk 3D Max, Mud Box. would like the option of using it as Hackintosh if possible.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows?
    No - have a copy of windows 7, Osx and Ubuntu

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer?
    Nope

5. Do you need a monitor?
    no - excluded in budget ( have an old one till I can afford better)

6. Do you need any of these peripherals?
    Have mouse/keyboard already. Do need wireless (prefer built in). Want an ssd

7. Are you willing to try overclocking?
    yes - at some stage I want to try

8. How can you pay?
    Any which way.

9. When are you purchasing?
    next month or so

10. If you need help building it, where are you based?
    Don't need help other then advice, my mate can build them but he's useless at advising on part (he'd spend way more then im willing or can afford)

I do want to be able to add to this system later if I find a new interest e.g sound recording

Any help you guys can give me would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Every thing but the PSU..

I got Graphic Cards, Sound Blaster Pro X Worth 400euro here only 210 in the States..

and no problem, if you get a Mouse,Scanner, Printer that comes with its own plug make sure you buy a plug that you can change the Volts coming out, if you plug the plug that comes with it, it will blow.

Advertisement