Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Van Morrison - Marlay Park - August 25

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Not all ticket holders will have given their address. Many will have just purchased physical tickets. Vouchers are the way around this. Also it's Van Morrison, not Swedish House Mafia - I don't there's going to be 'gangs' of pissed up people coming in at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

leakyboots wrote: »
    promoters are offering a ten euro voucher to all existing ticket purchasers.

There will be a ten euro reduction on the concert ticket price from today bringing the cost to €49.50 including booking fee.
    €10 might get you a slice of cheese on your €50 burger in this place!

If I had got tickets I would ask for a full refund, saying you were only/mainly going to see Bobby Womack. Then buy the new tickets for the €10 reduced price again.

Jones & Morrison were listed as a double headline with Womack as a "special guest"/support so you might have some arguing. BUT -I had bought tickets for the Who for Marlay before, paying the ridiculous online fees thinking it would sell out fast. After it did not sell out, and support Velvet Revolver cancelled I emailed claiming I was only going for velvet revolver and I got a full refund. Then I bought my tickets at the kiosk on the day and saved my ~€13 in online fees. This was not a double headline, V revolver were definitely just support.

The fact they have reduced the price and I still see ads means it is not selling well and you will probably be able to get them at the kiosk on the day. If you want to risk it.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭godfrey

CiaranK wrote: »
    Not sure how Van will carry outside. Depending on what kind of songs he does the sound could get very lost. At the O2 the last time there were times when he made the sound tiny, that stuff wouldn't work in Marley Park I don't think.

Do you really doubt his ability and experience that much?

Pardon me, but rubbish! It'll be excellent. Van, band, crew, production will all be top class.

I hope you go, and enjoy it. I will...

g

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

I'm a bit confused now. Is the voucher restricted to spending at the gig itself, or it is an MCD or ticketmaster voucher or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭2cool4school

I'm a bit confused now. Is the voucher restricted to spending at the gig itself, or it is an MCD or ticketmaster voucher or what?

redeemable against rank pints on day of issue only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

godfrey wrote: »
    Do you really doubt his ability and experience that much?

Pardon me, but rubbish! It'll be excellent. Van, band, crew, production will all be top class.

I hope you go, and enjoy it. I will...

g

I love Van. He is for me, one of my very favourites. The best of the best. I'd be just worried about the sound in the place if there is strong winds (And judging by the weather recently there might be) the quieter songs where he brings it to a whisper will be great for the folks near the stage but it may not fill up the place. Nothing about Van's ability you picked me up wrong there, him being able to do that and hold a crowd in silence is amazing, just his song choices will be important. If they are mostly quieter numbers people nearer the back won't hear very well at all. I can't wait for the gig and have been looking froward to it for a long time, I have my tickets months.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

Who do ye think will be headlining? I know it says double headliner, both are playing full sets and all that stuff, but who will be on last? Because really whoever finishes the show is going to be the main attraction. I would have thought Tom Jones was bigger but hearing things on the telly and radio and stuff seem to suggest Van Morrison will be the biggest act there. I don't care to be honest I wouldn't be able to choose between them, and it'll be great to see them both at the same time... Also, some surprised collaborations have been promised!!! :)

I presume it'll be ones like this, that Van Morrison wrote and Tom Jones performs.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Van is bigger then Jones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭dembaba

Quick quiestion. I bought tickets for Van online through ticket master. My only option is to print out the tickets myself and bring them to the gig. Is this ok? And will I still get in with no hassel. I've never printed out my own tickets before and never seen anyone do it before either.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

thats standard practice,you pay ticketmaster all the charges and print your own tickets to save them the costs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

dembaba wrote: »
    Quick quiestion. I bought tickets for Van online through ticket master. My only option is to print out the tickets myself and bring them to the gig. Is this ok? And will I still get in with no hassel. I've never printed out my own tickets before and never seen anyone do it before either.

Yeah, you will be fine. They scan the Barcode on the ticket. I have never had any problem.

If it is raining don't let the page get wet, because the ink can run.

Anyone have an idea of stage times? Also are Sinead and Don Baker playing together or is it two separate sets?

To big too post , so here is the MCD safety notice

http://www.mcd.ie/safety_notices/marlaypark_safetynotice.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭win2one

Who do ye think will be headlining? I know it says double headliner, both are playing full sets and all that stuff, but who will be on last? Because really whoever finishes the show is going to be the main attraction. I would have thought Tom Jones was bigger but hearing things on the telly and radio and stuff seem to suggest Van Morrison will be the biggest act there. I don't care to be honest I wouldn't be able to choose between them, and it'll be great to see them both at the same time... Also, some surprised collaborations have been promised!!! :)

I presume it'll be ones like this, that Van Morrison wrote and Tom Jones performs.

St James Infirmary is older than Van and Tom put together

win2one wrote: »

Jaysus I never knew that!!! I always thought Van Morrison wrote it! :L

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Van (66) and Tom Jones (72) = 138yrs

The Earliest version of St James Infirmiry was in 1906 when it was known as The Unfortunate Rake. Thats 106 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Gemma Hayes is playing now too. onstage at 4:45.

Cool, I like Gemma. It's gonna be a good full day of music :)

Van (66) and Tom Jones (72) = 138yrs

The Earliest version of St James Infirmiry was in 1906 when it was known as The Unfortunate Rake. Thats 106 years ago.

According to this 1790

Van played St James Infirmary on his last gig, brushing up on it for a duet maybe?

I'm hoping to see Van and Tom play this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 urban_oracle

Where's the best place to get a taxi to/have a few pints before this gig.. Will be coming from Clondalkin.. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

As an aside, should listen to Hugh Lauries version. Its fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Where's the best place to get a taxi to/have a few pints before this gig.. Will be coming from Clondalkin.. Cheers

The Eden will probably be jam-packed. Come a little further over to Ballinteer House (beside Superquinn), Coach House or Taylors Three Rock.

Gemma may not be alone on stage, according to MCD via Twitter this morning,

"Van The Man , Tom Jones , Don Baker, Sinead O Connor, Gemma Hayes and one very big surprise guest at Marlay Park this Sat . Get in early"

Gates open at 3.30pm and gig-goers are allowed to bring fold-up chairs into the venue if they wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nivo24

Gemma Hayes is playing now too. onstage at 4:45.
    Hi all, how do you know what time the acts are playing at ?

Sinead O'Connor, who had recently been announced as a surprise guest at Marlay Park this Friday alongside blues legend Don Baker, has just announced on Twitter that she will now not be performing.

Sinead O'Connor, who had recently been announced as a surprise guest at Marlay Park this Friday alongside blues legend Don Baker, has just announced on Twitter that she will now not be performing.

Thankfully I say, haha :P

Nah, I would've liken to see her, I haven't before. So is Don still playing on his own do you know?

I'm really intrigued as to who the Special surprise guest MCD mentioned the other day.

I wonder if that means a bigger food/drinks voucher :P

What time would we want to be there to get up to the front do you know?

• Advertisement

This just gets more ludicrous who's next to cancel Van or Tom..... ?:confused:

Advertisement