Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Van Morrison - Marlay Park - August 25

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

win2one wrote: »
    Glad to read about the good performance by Van I heard similar from some friends who were there.
    Though he gets a crap review in the Herald today and pictured in a white suit ! I see in the video above Van's in a pinstripe did he change suits or was the Herald at a different gig ?

Stayed in the black suit and hat all night. The Herald isn't really the top of the list when it comes to live music journalism :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

amendra wrote: »
    test

successful?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Pure Mule

Met a Belfast Guy on the bus on the way back to town & he'd seen him 57 times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

CiaranK wrote: »
    Was watching the 'House of Blues' Documentary on Tom Jones last night. He said he has played 200 gigs a year since 1965. That's 9'400 gigs. Thats some amount of shows for one man :O

Its a lot of shows allright.........but its not unusual!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭win2one

CiaranK wrote: »
    Was watching the 'House of Blues' Documentary on Tom Jones last night. He said he has played 200 gigs a year since 1965. That's 9'400 gigs. Thats some amount of shows for one man :O

All the old blues guys, I suppose due to financial circumstances mainly , play hundreds of gigs a year till they drop. The best known being BB King who till a few years ago played more than 300 shows a year and thats since the the late 40's early 50's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Its a lot of shows allright.........but its not unusual!

FFS

Advertisement