Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Chance Mature Student

Options
  • 26-03-2012 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I attended a level 8 course in 06/07 but didn't pass the exams and didn't return but in 08/09 I signed up for a level 7 and payed all the fees myself but due to work cutting into my education I had to drop out or face being evicted.

I wouldn't have been eligible for second chance my second time round so this year I'm financially secure and have my place for college in September. Would I be acknowledged as a "second chance" student since I payed the fees (which were just about €1,000) last time around?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Its unlikely, to be honest, as the Dept of Ed don't take into account who paid what only the dates you were a registered student but you can check with them directly through the Student Support Unit for Higher Ed. tel :057 9325317

Advertisement