Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to Blanchardstown

Options
  • 26-03-2012 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭

Don't know if I'm in the right forum or whatever, but what would be the best way to go to Blanchardstown from the city centre? I'm taking the bus up from Wexford on Thursday so would be leaving from around the Busaras. Buses frequent to it?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Best bet would be to load up the interactive map on www.dublinbus.ie, zoom in to Blanchardstown and see what bus would best suit you (depending on where exactly you need to go in Blanch).

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/RTPI/Sources-of-Real-Time-Information/?searchtype=map&searchquery=

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

If you're stopping at Busaras you could go across the road to Connolly Station and get the train. Depending where in Blanch you're going you have Castleknock train station which is nearest to Blanch Village, Coolmine which is in the middle and Clonsilla which would be near a lot of housing estates. Best look it up on the map though as Blanch is a huge place!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Don't know if I'm in the right forum or whatever, but what would be the best way to go to Blanchardstown from the city centre? I'm taking the bus up from Wexford on Thursday so would be leaving from around the Busaras. Buses frequent to it?

Thanks in advance.

you can get the 109 from Busaras which takes you Blanchardstown shopping center

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1318429077-109.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

kinda like what the others said, it depends on whereabouts you're going to in blanch.

The train will get you to castleknock but that's not very close to the shopping center... or castleknock :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

The busses leave from Aston Quay, the quay where Supervalu is beside Westmoreland Street, not too far at all.

Here is the 39 http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/39-/

And the 39A which I don't think goes through the village, but does go to the shopping centre.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/PageFiles/6994/39a%281%29_towards_ongar.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭choobles

If you're looking to get to the centre then the easiest way is to get the train to coolmine station and then it's essentially a straight walk for 15 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I'm actually not sure what part of Blanch I'm heading to. Wherever the Bell pub is in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

If you are going to the Bell. Easiest way is go to Connolly Station beside Busaras, get the Maynooth line train and get off at Castleknock station. Less then five minutes walk to the Bell from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

If you are going to the Bell. Easiest way is go to Connolly Station beside Busaras, get the Maynooth line train and get off at Castleknock station. Less then five minutes walk to the Bell from there.

Absolutely the easiest if the schedule works for you. If it doesn't, the 38 bus takes you right past (nearest 38 stop to Busaras is O'Connell St). The 38A, 38C and 39 all stop in the village which is about 3 mins walk from the Bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

if you are coming into connolly get the train to castleknock - 2 minutes to the bell.

otherwise any 38s to blanchardstown to the village

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

are you going to off the ball ?

Any way , leave Busarus and walk over o connell bridge and walk down the south quays to the gyspy rose pub ,thats the bus stop for the 39 or 39a. theyre very frequent. if you get the 39 ask to get off at the bell. if you get the 39a ask to get dropped at the turning for Blanch village and walk the two minute walk to the bell.

both are more frequent than the 38 / a . I do the journey nearly every day. I was meant to be going to off the ball but ill be stuck in work :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

amtc wrote: »
    otherwise any 38s to blanchardstown to the village

38B doesn't go through the Village

Advertisement