Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazing Dog Rescue

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Literally just watched it on facebook there about 10 mins ago. Damn onions :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

anniehoo wrote: »
    Literally just watched it on facebook there about 10 mins ago. Damn onions :D

Oh lordy. Those onions are shockin strong this time of year :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

Ahhhh bloody onions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

What an amazing little dog. After all the cruelty, she is still so loveable and playful. Dogs really are the best:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

very nice to see her so happy after all she went through. she is beautiful. dogs ROCK ! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I love this video, so so sweet.
    Reminds me how thankful I am for my little dog- he was so scared when I found him, he'd been very badly treated and didn't trust anyone.
    Now he's the happiest little woof out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Very very strong onions!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Fake:)

Surely im not the only one to think this. As I watched the video I couldnt help but think that there has to be made to pull at the heart strings and in turn look for cash, and I was correct = www.hopeforpaws.org

Not saying that there is anything wrong with it but its just too fake for it to be real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Surely im not the only one to think this. As I watched the video I couldnt help but think that there has to be made to pull at the heart strings and in turn look for cash, and I was correct = www.hopeforpaws.org

Not saying that there is anything wrong with it but its just too fake for it to be real.

Maybe I'm a sucker but I don't see it as fake. They're an animal rescue organisation and take their camera with them on rescues. Of course they're going to put the most moving ones on their website. I don't know how they could fake that one though. Would they really plant a matted old dog in a yard and cover him in dirt?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Exactly. They probably have a lot of emergencies like this and they document them often, then make movies to promote their work. Sure they probably choose the ones with the most dramatic change/most moving circumstances but still there's nothing fake in it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Such cynicism!
    I hope it helps put you right when I tell you that I could have made the same video myself dozens of times over, as i've taken in many dogs in just as poor condition, hacked through their filthy, stinking coats, spent a fortune on sorting out their medical problems, then pulling out the stops to find a "just right" home for every one of them. I'm using myself as a familiar example, but many rescues are no different.
    My own rescue website is full of stories like Fiona's, damn sure I put them there to pull heartstrings and hopefully raise a few quid... how do you think rescues survive? These rags to riches stories also help to raise awareness of the terrible neglect dogs are made to endure sometimes, even the expensive purebred ones.
    So, let me assure you that this video is no fake. I can tell you that hours of work and lots of money went into Fiona. So, why the hell shouldn't the rescue highlight her story to fundraise? They deserve every penny of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Mo60

The first dog I obtained from a rescue was in a similar condition to this dog. She was a cruelty case and her coat was so long and matted she had to be shaved. I found her because she was posted on the Internet. The rescue also showed pictures of the bad condition she was in when found - not fake, but certainly pulled at my heartstrings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

CLEARLY you've never been involved in any kind of animal rescue or their rehabilitation.

Yep, it pulls on the heart strings...there's a gazillion videos (both human and animal) out there that do that.Its fantastic that youtube, facebook etc are here. 20 years ago,can you imagine what it was like trying to rehome an animal without these???!!!

If you think this is fake, you need to take a trip with me some weekend to my local pound and see the "fakeness" that sits shivering,starved, matted and homeless and then see if you'll still say that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

And there was me thinking there couldn't possibly be anything defamatory someone could post about a US rescue that would lead us down this same old familiar path.

Locking.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement