Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Masters MA Creative Media

• 26-03-2012 5:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭

Hiya just a quick question, is anyone completing the MA in Creative Media in IT Tralee at the moment? Or know of someone who is currently doing or completed a course similar to it? What are your thoughts on it?

I have been thinking of doing it if I go back to study in IT Tralee again but have looked into other Masters and other Masters similar to it too in other colleges. Just wondering if anyone knows much about it?

Would there be programming in it as it doesn’t seem to state so on the website and online prospectus and brochure on the course.

Seems like it’s more like the Music Technology/Tv media courses than the interactive multimedia courses though but with a hint of art in it? Graduates having completed those courses and the information systems management degree are eligible to apply with minimum 2:2 and if no degree then reasonable level of work experience is required.

Here’s a link to it if anyone be interested in the new course, hope mods be ok with me putting up the link:

http://www.ittralee.ie/en/media/CreativeMed_brochure.pdf.pdf

Thanks in advance if anyone has any other information on the course, much appreciate it thanks.
    D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

doovdela wrote: »
    Hiya just a quick question, is anyone completing the MA in Creative Media in IT Tralee at the moment? Or know of someone who is currently doing or completed a course similar to it? What are your thoughts on it?

I have been thinking of doing it if I go back to study in IT Tralee again but have looked into other Masters and other Masters similar to it too in other colleges. Just wondering if anyone knows much about it?

Would there be programming in it as it doesn’t seem to state so on the website and online prospectus and brochure on the course.

Seems like it’s more like the Music Technology/Tv media courses than the interactive multimedia courses though but with a hint of art in it? Graduates having completed those courses and the information systems management degree are eligible to apply with minimum 2:2 and if no degree then reasonable level of work experience is required.

Here’s a link to it if anyone be interested in the new course, hope mods be ok with me putting up the link:

http://www.ittralee.ie/en/media/CreativeMed_brochure.pdf.pdf

Thanks in advance if anyone has any other information on the course, much appreciate it thanks.
    D

hey there,

Okay with me anyway. Thanks for the info provided above :)

Hopefuly someone might provide some more information, in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

Seems to be under the Business and Humanities department.

LINK HERE

As such I don't think it would have much if any programming. I know a guy doing Music Technology and they have done some programming regarding stage lighting and stuff but it uses a proprietary language/instruction set so I don't think you'll be spending your time learning Java or C#.

The Computing with Multimedia degree runs in conjunction with Software Dev and Games Dev (by Computing & Science Dept), sharing most of the subjects but the Interactive Multimedia et al seem to be a completely different stream (by Business & Humanities).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭KarmaBaby

This is a new course. There is no one taking it at the moment as September 2012 will be the first semester the course is run.

Business and Humanities is actually the name of the School. The Department is called "Creative Media and Information Technology.

I have no idea how worthwhile this course would be, but I will say that it really depends on the individual lecturers delivering the courses. Most in the department are very good, but there are a few who should not be allowed anywhere near a primary school, let alone postgraduates. I guess that could be said for any university though.

I'd recommend speaking directly to the department, particularly the main person behind the implementation of the course, whoever that is. I'm sure Mary Lucey can help you with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 finuge

Hi, I started this MA in September, its very interesting. I m primarily doing it so it will allow me to go lecturing in my area afterwards. The background of students is quite broad, there are people with backgrounds in photography, graphic design, radio broadcasting, digital media and video. You create your thesis document throughout the year by handing up assignments and then submit an artifact, mine is a radio doc. You constantly refine the thesis doc but it appears that alot of the work will be done during the academic year. You hand it up in September then. I would recommend it if you are a person who is interested in the creative space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 student1000

I agree with Karmababy. Some lecturers should certainly not be teaching there - There are some lovely lecturers there who are willing to help and care, and then there are others who do not care and if you get on the wrong side of them, they will make your life hard. I know of a few people who have left because of these issues and I know a few more who do not want to stay. I am going to remain pretty much brief with my comments. But if anyone wants to do a Masters, go to Limerick!!!! -

• Advertisement
Advertisement