Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New ipad play full HD movies

• 26-03-2012 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

I'm just wondering does the new Ipad play full HD movies.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yes. Although there isn't much 1080p content on the Irish iTunes Store at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Yes. Although there isn't much 1080p content on the Irish iTunes Store at the moment.

But it doesn't have to come from iTunes does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭jonseyblub

Thanks for that. I've a US account so I download movies from there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

murpho999 wrote: »

But it doesn't have to come from iTunes does it?
    No, but you may have to convert it so it can play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Thought I'd post this here instead of opening a new thread.

What's the best way of ripping a Bluray and re-encoding it to an iPad friendly version so it will play in 1080p?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Brian017 wrote: »
    Thought I'd post this here instead of opening a new thread.

What's the best way of ripping a Bluray and re-encoding it to an iPad friendly version so it will play in 1080p?

Depending on your blu-ray drive speed and cpu speed it could take ages.
    And because of the 4:3 aspect ratio of the iPad it would look odd. That said though, if you managed to get it to upscale like Apple does with 1080p then it will look sharper.
    I can't tell you the best way of doing it as it's a very messy process, even more so if the blu-rays are DRM protected.
    I'd advise you to ask this question in the blu-ray forums.
    http://forum.blu-ray.com/

Advertisement