Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Change of Tractor

• 26-03-2012 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Antone any info on Ford 7740 4Wd Tractor or similar. Was thinking of changing from 6610 4Wd. few jobs to be done to mine. Any info appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JOAT

Antone any info on Ford 7740 4Wd Tractor or similar. Was thinking of changing from 6610 4Wd. few jobs to be done to mine. Any info appreciated.

We have one for the last 9 years or so. 7700 hours up on it at the minute. Have a rossmore loader on it as well so it does a lot of yard work. Never any major problems with it. Good workhorse for normal farming work. They would be a bit of a step up comfort wise from your 6610 as well. If you had enough power with your 6610 all along then the 7740 would definitely be well above it's job. Stay away from the ones with the white cab though. These were the first models in the series to be produced and I've heard of a few people having problems with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 knotta clue

Joat. Many thanks for your reply. What is it like on diesel. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭6480

JOAT wrote: »
    We have one for the last 9 years or so. 7700 hours up on it at the minute. Have a rossmore loader on it as well so it does a lot of yard work. Never any major problems with it. Good workhorse for normal farming work. They would be a bit of a step up comfort wise from your 6610 as well. If you had enough power with your 6610 all along then the 7740 would definitely be well above it's job. Stay away from the ones with the white cab though. These were the first models in the series to be produced and I've heard of a few people having problems with them.

what about the sle models did they give trouble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

6480 wrote: »
    what about the sle models did they give trouble

When the sle is working and trouble free its great. When it starts to give trouble it costs 2-3k to sort it.

the 7740 come in sl and sle. I drove a 7740 sl and a 7840 sle.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JOAT

Joat. Many thanks for your reply. What is it like on diesel. Cheers

It is handy enough on diesel. But then again it doesn't be doing any of the donkey work. We have a TS115 for all that. So I couldn't give a proper account of what shes like on diesel.

Never drove a sle model nor do I know much about them tbh. I just remember a few people saying it to us the time we were buying a it to stay away from the white cabbed ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

i've heard the same about the white cab versions.
    its to do with the clutch packs i think.... white cab needs a tractor split where as the blue cab can be done in a few hours without splitting.

Advertisement