Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LIDL Triple Gas BBQ Euro 179.99

• 26-03-2012 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

I was pricing BBQS up last weekend, this seems to be not bad value.
    Woodies is a RIP off mad prices in there

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_19376.htm

Description
    Spacious cabinet with recessed gas bottle rack for convenient storage of 5kg gas bottles
    3 stainless steel burners – a perfect grilling zone
    Easy operation with a large and free-moving regulator and automatic piezo ignition
    Large, 2 piece grill grate (62 x 40.5cm) and 1 practical keep-warm rack with easy-clean enamel coating
    Stainless steel hood with temperature indicator from 50 to 400°C for optimum grilling
    Sturdy construction with a comfortable working height
    With connection hose and pressure regulator
    2 convenient side shelves made from powder-coated metal
    Easy to position with 2 large garden-suitable wheels and 2 securable guide rollers
    Includes assembly materials and instructions
    Size: 134 x 108 x 57cm
    Triple Burner for Extra Power: 9KW
    Strong, Sturdy Construction In Stainless Steel Design
    Was €199.99 now €179.99 save €20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

Is it any good. Did anyone get it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Give it another month,and that will be on sale in Bargain Base for about 90 euro.

Trust me.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭jamesd

dr ro wrote: »
    Is it any good. Did anyone get it?

Got one last year when they had them @€;199 and very happy with it.

paddy147 wrote: »
    Give it another month,and that will be on sale in Bargain Base for about 90 euro.

Trust me.;)

Not a hope.

jamesd wrote: »
    Not a hope.

Why do you say that?

Do you work for Lidl or Bargain Base and know something that no one else knows?

You do know that Bargain Base buy up unsold/left over Lidl stock and sell it on about 4-6 weeks later at "up to" 60% off prices.

An example would be HD TVs that were 200 euro being sold off for 80 euro.

Pressure washers that were 70 euro being sold off for 35 euro.

Impact hammer drills that were 65 euro sold off for 35 euro.

They also sell off alot of outdoor living and gardening equipement for half the price of what they were on sale for in Lidl.

That Bargain Base shop has saved me a fair few euros allright (especially on the more expensive Lidl stock).:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Why do you say that?

You do know that Bargain Base buy up unsold/left over Lidl stock and sell it on about 4-6 weeks later at "up to" 60% off prices.

They also sell off alot of outdoor living and gardening equipement for half the price of what they were on sale for in Lidl.

That Bargain Base shop has saved me a fair few euros allright (especially on the more expensive Lidl stock).:D

Where is Bargain Base?

amiable wrote: »
    Where is Bargain Base?

Gullivers Retail Park,Northwood,Santry.

http://www.gulliversretailpark.com/location/

Bargain Base opened up about 6-8 months ago at the top of the retail park,and is just up past Homebase and beside Cost Plus Sofas.

They sell alot of cheap clothes and cheap stuff like bath matts,mirrors and bed sheets,but they also sell alot of good ex Lidl stock items too.

Each weekend,they get in different Lidl items and sell at up to 60% off.

There are usually ques (ticket system) on Sunday mornings for the likes of the TVs and hoovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭johndoc

Why do you say that?

How do you know they will?
    Do you work for them?
    :rolleyes:

johndoc wrote: »
    How do you know they will?
    Do you work for them?
    :rolleyes:

Nope,I dont work for them,but I know someone who does work for them.

Saved me a fair few euros too,well so far anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Nope,I dont work for them,but I know someone who does work for them.

Saved me a fair few euros too,well so far anyway.

For obvious reasons, a BBQ won't go on sale until the summer ends or approaching the end of the summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

expensive Lidl stock

Is there such a thing? :D

nm wrote: »
    For obvious reasons, a BBQ won't go on sale until the summer ends or approaching the end of the summer

You are actually wrong on that one.;)

You are actually wrong on that one.;)

Proof ?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭johndoc

Proof ?
    Don't bother. Paddy knows it all. What you reckon is wrong. What he reckons is right. The proof will be when Lidl aren't flogging summer BBQ's on the cheap, in the middle of summer.

Proof ?

Well you obviously havent been to Bargain Base in recent weeks.If you had then you would have seen lots of ex Lidl out door living and gardening items on sale at half the price that Lidl were selling them at.

johndoc wrote: »
    Don't bother. Paddy knows it all. What you reckon is wrong. What he reckons is right. The proof will be when Lidl aren't flogging summer BBQ's on the cheap, in the middle of summer.
    What a tit.

The fact of the matter is that people are not buying as much as they used to.Lidl have to clear shelves and items every week,to make way for the next weeks deals.
    They cant send their unsold stock back to Germany,as it costs too much and they lose more money,so Bargain Base step in and buy it up.

Its very clear to see this,and its also a very easy conclusion to come to and see,when you see alot of the more expensive Lidl stock ending up on sale for half the price in Bargain Base around a month later.

I am one of those customers who has waited to see if various items would be on sale 4-6 weeks later on in Bargain Base,and so far its has been proven to be true on the items I kept tabs on.In some cases some of the items have been on sale in Bargain Base less than 3 weeks after they were in Lidl.

Bargain Base have allready been selling off lots of ex Lidl 2012 stock in the form of diy,outdoor living and gardening items and tools in the last few weeks,at half the Lidl price.

Im seeing it every weekend in Bargain Base with my own eyes,when myself and my girlfriend pop up there for a browse around.

Bargain Base now operate a ticket system on Saturday or Sunday mornings,when they get in say 40-50 of the expensive/top end Lidl items.
    So many people have copped onto this and want a bargain that the shop now has to employ a "que up and ticket" system on the Saturday and Sunday mornings.

Got one last year when they had them @€;199 and very happy with it.

Glad you are happy with it anyway.

Hopefully this summer will be a good hot one too.

Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Sure hope Your right paddy im relying on you;) You could sink My summer :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

I looked at the one in Lidl, but got THIS ONE in Homebase for €260. Stainless steel, four burners, and a further 10% off. I know it was around €500 in the past. Happy days.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Why do you say that?

What is bargain Base Paddy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

If anyone see's any of these BBQ's on sale in Bargain Base,will they post here or PM me,thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

amiable wrote: »
    Where is Bargain Base?
    Its in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

And answered again so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

Surely selling BBQ's in Ireland is a con???? People are talking here of spending upwards of €500 on a piece of kit that will get used very infrequently. Could people not cook the food in their kitchen and serve up outside? Granted the 'smell' of burnt food it not present but if you have a few beers and music playing the atmosphere is good and the fact the food is cooked properly in a kitchen that's most likely only a few steps away anyway shouldn't be a problem.

The prices that some of these places charge are a blatant rip off but our impulse and irrational hope that we are going to have a great summer with loads of BBQ's convince us this quite large investment is worthwhile.

..sorry, rant over.....haven't got to use my BBQ much in since I bought it:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Surely selling BBQ's in Ireland is a con???? People are talking here of spending upwards of €500 on a piece of kit that will get used very infrequently. Could people not cook the food in their kitchen and serve up outside? Granted the 'smell' of burnt food it not present but if you have a few beers and music playing the atmosphere is good and the fact the food is cooked properly in a kitchen that's most likely only a few steps away anyway shouldn't be a problem.

The prices that some of these places charge are a blatant rip off but our impulse and irrational hope that we are going to have a great summer with loads of BBQ's convince us this quite large investment is worthwhile.

..sorry, rant over.....haven't got to use my BBQ much in since I bought it:o

Eh Whos talking over 500 euro ? Did you read the thread title ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

Indeed ronan no-one mentioned €500 on this thread, I got caught up in my rant.

Advertisement