Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help

Options
  • 26-03-2012 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hey am doing Humanities in DKIT. I choose it because it is my dream to be a history and english teacher but I hate it. I have fallen behind so far in my work, Ive made no friends and it sucks. My class is so segregated that everyone ignores me. I want out so much. I travel four hours everyday from Dublin and my parents keep yelling at me if I say anything about wanting to quit. BTW I wanted to quit since day one as I hated the place as soon as I started but my frustration has increased ever since.

I am getting the full grant and I dont know what will happen about it if I quit as I cant afford to pay it back having no one working in my family. Can any one please help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Would you be better off doing history & english as an arts degree in UCD?

Talk to the career guidance people about your worries and they'll be able to help you make the right choice.

Talk to the admin/fees guys about your grant and free fees stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Delta1138

I wasnt good enuff for UCD would of loved to of gone thou. ( Its within sight of my bed room):( Wish I had studied more now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 fries

If people don't want to talk to you, just ignore them and get on with your own life. In college, people are extremely busy doing their assignments, study etc and thus have no time to spare.

Advertisement