Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bombay pantry rathgar problems

Options
  • 26-03-2012 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Just got a takeout from this place in rathmines. I was a bit disappointed to open my saag paneer and find one piece of paneer in the whole portion about the size of a matchbox. I have had a few problems with this place. Did anyone have a similar story. What's a better Indian around rathmines? I had korma from Ginger once and it was pretty good. I also like spice and rice- their portions are decent but they are too far away now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

why not ring them and tell them about it and ask them what they propose to win you back over ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

Had a Spice Guru in Rathgar recently and was hugely impressed. Huge portion of my chicken jalfrezi and tasty bhaji and naan. Bombay Pantry is the best I've ever had though so I'm disappointed to hear about this!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭tiredcity

Email the head office. I'd a few probs with them before when I lived over that way and they always seem to take complaints fairly seriously. I'm now using the Clonskeagh one and they're so much more reliable/quicker. Perhaps it's just Rathmines is a lot busier, I dunno, but love their food so am a happy camper!

I've heard Konkan (Clanbrassil St) is good too but never actually tried them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Ironmaiden11

It's ok now. I wouldn't want to phone because it might sound trivial to them. Perhaps it's the recipe- a one-piece paneer recipe..lol...won't be ordering that one again. The murg chutney was good though. It's a pity I went off sabas food as that's quite good but one day I just stopped wanting to eat it- strange isn't it! Anyhow thanks for the advice. I guess it's an ok takeaway but I tend not to return where I've felt I had to fight for my rights :) silly perhaps.
    By the way marios in terenure do 2 pizzas for 20 euros (not delivery) but they are really good. That's the best takeout I had in a while. Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Must say the one in Ashtown's portions have been crap for a while too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

tandoori bite on richmond street south is lovely, imo

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

I would second Konkan on Clanbrassil St. The food is really good. I live slightly too far away now to get it delivered and it's been impossible to find anything around anywhere near as good.

I tried Bombay Pantry after hearing recommendations but found it very disappointing.

http://www.konkan.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

The Bombay Pantry in Rathfarnham is very mean. They do a fixed meal for €8 with curry and rice or naan. 3 small pieces of beef in a tray of soup is what it amounted to. I couldn't adam and eve it. It's gone to the dogs since they branched out of Rathmines and they are now living of their reputation. There are far better indian takeaways around now that it has become popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Jay D wrote: »
    Must say the one in Ashtown's portions have been crap for a while too.

Tried it once demanded my money back next day. 2 months later got a refund never again must try this Konkani plaice.

Advertisement