Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cryptic PTSB Statements

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭mezdupmaiden

zing zong wrote: »
    Its really very very simple, if the bank can show the amount of a pending transaction immediately, there is zero reason why it cannot also show who has made the claim for said pending transaction.

of course the processed transaction is shown, that goes without saying, but the pending transaction should also state what shop/person/etc considering that the bank can already state the amount. yet it doesn't, which I think is ridiculous, but for some reason, everybody seems to be cool with that...

To be honest, I think your just nick picking, theres no real issue, if your unhappy with "pending transactions" then take the cash out and pay for stuff that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭zing zong

I have to agree,
    Its not really that cryptic to be honest, pending transactions is exactly that, takes a day or two to process and it does show up, but you know yourself where the transaction is coming from as its your acc no?

the issue isn't processed transactions, as stated several times already, its pending transactions where the issue lies

the issue isn't processed transactions, as stated several times already, its pending transactions where the issue lies

And as Ive stated, its in pending transactions for a day or two and then shows up.

but theres no real issue is there?

And as Ive stated, its in pending transactions for a day or two and then shows up.

but theres no real issue is there?

i get the feeling you haven't actually read the posts. have a read, let me know what you think then

i get the feeling you haven't actually read the posts. have a read, let me know what you think then

I have, 2minutes I'll never get back, so I'll bid you farewell

*tips hit

• Advertisement

I have, 2minutes I'll never get back, so I'll bid you farewell

*tips hit

tips hit indeed? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Behave like adults folks..(it should go without saying..)

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Do you not keep the receipts from your card purchases etc, zing zong? For long enough to check your statements? And to know what debits are about to hit your bank balance?
    When I started banking online I didn't really notice the lack of detail, to be honest. I go through the receipts every so often (and when I need to know my actual balance), discarding the ones that already appear in the statement, and keeping any that don't. I don't bother checking which shops etc (either on paper or online); just the date and precise amount (which has always been enough to pinpoint my transactions).

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

When there is an amount difference between the amount pending and the difference between the available balance and account balance eg.

Pending transactions: €0
    Balance: €100
    Available: €80

That means that you took out €20 at an Ulster Bank ATM or one that is located in a shop called a Random Access Point or "RAP" or "RA". When you take out money from a BOI, PTSB, AIB ATM then they show the same day. Ulster Bank and RAP ATMs take a couple of days to present.

For some reason they don't show in the pending transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Please don't bump old threads

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement