Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PartyPoker.com World Grand Prix 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭celt262

Tarzann wrote: »
    2000? Really? On TV it looked like a few hundred at most. Where was everyone else?
    The same few Mario brothers and middle aged leprechaun women were shown all night on TV

He didnt say that there was 2000 in there last night.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

It doesn't come across well on TV but that hall goes way back. In fact they could have the partitions up that they used before that actually cuts the room in two so that it looks full for the earlier rounds and they remove the partition for the weekend when the venue is sold out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

For anyone who was there last night did you see many people using betfair on ipad / laptop / smartphone or on their phone all night? I was watching on sky and betting on betfair but there were some big stakes punters who were clearly a good few seconds ahead of TV and willing to stake big due to this advantage.
    If I could just have someone on speakerphone to me all night, they needn't even talk, just to hear "Game shot" when the leg actually ends I'd be willing to pay for it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Looks like there's about 15 people there, early doors I know

Great fightback here by Wes NEwton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 ATR180

Anyone know why there's no entrance music for the players.
    Never has been walk on music 1st 2 nights....as players come on 2gether....will be back on wednesday 4 round 2...........:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭celt262

ATR180 wrote: »
    Never has been walk on music 1st 2 nights....as players come on 2gether....will be back on wednesday 4 round 2...........:cool:

It said earlier the girls will be back on Thursday night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Youssef Chippo

Osborne v Wade, what a terrible game!!

Osborne is painful to watch

How did Wade manage to lose that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Bloody hell what a comeback by Osborne. Awful game but he was attrocious in first set and a bit. That's the nature of the first to 2 I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Did something happen to Wade or did he get bad news he looked to be nearly crying near the end of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

Wade completely lost it there,it looked like he was having a breakdown up on stage,not nice to watch at all.

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Did something happen to Wade or did he get bad news he looked to be nearly crying near the end of the game.

Looked all over the shop and was quick to walk off too. A complete meltdown

• Registered Users Posts: 46 tommyhans

NOT happy. When i bought my tickets in april i was told table 5 was up close to the stage cos it was in new convention centre. Now my row g table 5 ticket is looking ****e cos its in the middle section according to someone thats up there. RAGIN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

According to many on Twitter Wade has battled depression

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Looked all over the shop and was quick to walk off too. A complete meltdown
    Wade has had mental health Issues before as I'm sure you well know. It looked like he was having problems of that nature up on stage sadly. I hate seeing that happen to him.

Treble20 wrote: »
    Wade has had mental health Issues before as I'm sure you well know. It looked like he was having problems of that nature up on stage sadly. I hate seeing that happen to him.

Yeah he was put on suicide watch too afaik. Hope all is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

im not sure what happened him, he seemed good until he was close to winning it, interesting to see what is said

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I'm nit a James Wade fan at all but it was sad to see him have a complete meltdown live on TV. Hopefully it's nothing serious and it was just the fact that the darts weren't going for him

Credit to Osbourne for upping his game but he couldn't get much worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Looked like he was having a panic attack. Hope hes okay and as has been said already its not nice to see anybody suffer with a mental illness especially on live tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭DartBhoy1888

I commend Wade for battling on these last few years with his mental health issues,but lads in fairness at 1 set to nil and two legs up he was doing fine..he thought it was over which is a mortal sin in this silly game of ours..if he can't handle an opponent making a comeback,then maybe he shouldn't have been up there at all..it was uncomfortable to watch

Well that was a bit of a nutty final set between Jackpot and Burnett

What an unreal 1st set! Barney looked like he was coasting to the 1st set,suddenly he missed a few doubles,White took out 144 and from there their was no stopping him! Strange goings on in tonight's games!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Shocking the amount of starting doubles being missed!.

Sad to see what happened to Wade, even if he left me down for my accum.

Barney all over the place. Get it together big man

A well deserved 2-0 win in the end for White. He was lethal on his doubles both starting and finishing,Barney missed far too many starting doubles and his scoring was too inconsistent to win this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭briany

Treble20 wrote: »
    A well deserved 2-0 win in the end for White. He was lethal on his doubles both starting and finishing,Barney missed far too many starting doubles and his scoring was too inconsistent to win this game.

SKY calling it a shock, true to form. Barney's only getting worse on the big stage and SKY ought to recognise, at some stage soon, that Barney is now a struggling mid level player, if that, and adjust their attitudes to his future matches accordingly. Sad to say because I like Barney as much as most but no need to create any illusion about his standing in the game. His performances refute them absolutely.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 tommyhans

Anybody there this week that would have an idea of the floor plan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

I would'nt be surprised if thats the last we see of James Wade.
    Cant see him lasting much longer playing darts.
    He has always said he does'nt enjoy it and if thats what its
    doing to him he should pack it in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

robbie1977 wrote: »
    I would'nt be surprised if thats the last we see of James Wade.
    Cant see him lasting much longer playing darts.
    He has always said he does'nt enjoy it and if thats what its
    doing to him he should pack it in.

Depression is a dark dark thing - can't even imagine the impact it would have if it hits when you're on stage with Sky cameras and all . Darts is what he does best though and I hope for his own sake he can find a way back to the oche .

Advertisement