Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PartyPoker.com World Grand Prix 2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

well I got two predictions wrong. King and Newton proved me wrong. Knew well MvG would beat Hamilton. Now let us all watch while he collapses in the semi. He's a great talent but you'll do well to find many with as bad a shot selection under pressure and his double throwing can be disastrous. Looking like King's to lose now I reluctantly admit :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

briany wrote: »
    Pipe's a likable player though, I think. I wouldn't be against seeing him win a major at all. He's genial, well spoken, looks after himself and just gets on with his game. He's the antithesis of players like Adrian Lewis; surly, scowling, overweight and giving off a sense of entitlement.

Lewis is one of the nicest guys on the circuit, you can even tell he's a decent bloke from his interviews.

He's a two time world champ and is the most talented player after Taylor, of course he's going to be cocky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

One ticket for saturday nights game if anyone is interested, Table Seat, Row K, will sell for €30, well under face value . Can meet in city centre with the ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭briany

mdwexford wrote: »
    Lewis is one of the nicest guys on the circuit, you can even tell he's a decent bloke from his interviews.

He's a two time world champ and is the most talented player after Taylor, of course he's going to be cocky.

I'm talking about his on stage demeanour more than anything and his reaction when the chips are down. Like Taylor, he's good at doing the nice guy thing when he wins but he has a way to go in taking a defeat. Nothing wrong with being confident in your own ability and of the win but when that means not quite being able to handle losing in a gracious manner then there's a problem. He's not the only one who has the occasional strop after an early exit and while it can be entertaining, it's not a great ad for the game or the player, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 gaziah

briany wrote: »

I'm talking about his on stage demeanour more than anything and his reaction when the chips are down. Like Taylor, he's good at doing the nice guy thing when he wins but he has a way to go in taking a defeat. Nothing wrong with being confident in your own ability and of the win but when that means not quite being able to handle loosing in a gracious manner then there's a problem. He's not the only one who has the occasional strop after an early exit and while it can be entertaining, it's not a great ad for the game or the player, IMO.
    Agree with this, the face he pulls when the crowd goes against him, Like he's just smelt taylors bum crack is extremely annoying

• Advertisement

Brendan really hasn't turned up :(

170 finish with Merv left on d16! What a finish. Come on lad, step it up now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 gaziah

In work gutted im missing todays matches, whats goin on it brendans match ? Updates please :)

gaziah wrote: »
    In work gutted im missing todays matches, whats goin on it brendans match ? Updates please :)

4-1 down, bar the third set where he won 3-0 and took out a 170 to win it, he's been frankly awful. Great professional job by King though.

I'd put my house on him to beat VG

4-2 King, missed 4 match darts, but in control of this set

• Advertisement

Can only see a King win later, and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it was comfortable.

MvG hasn't really had too much of a challenge yet and his double throwing has been very shaky. I'd love him to do it though but can't see it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Can only see a King win later, and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it was comfortable.

MvG hasn't really had too much of a challenge yet and his double throwing has been very shaky. I'd love him to do it though but can't see it

Their doubles in and out percentages were almost identical going into this final.

That being said, MvG is really struggling to get away. King deservedly takes the first set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

Whoever wins will be a deserving winner. I think King has the more desire to win this tournament but I think it will be close.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

King 2-0 up in sets,
    king 1-0 (legs) up in 3rd set,

All one way so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Youssef Chippo

3-0 King.

MVG is playing terrible.

Will any of you switch to ESPN before this final is over if this stays one-sided?

3-1 to king

Gotya wrote: »
    Will any of you switch to ESPN before this final is over if this stays one-sided?

3-1 to king
    I'm flicking back and forward between Sky and ESPN. O'Shea leading Northern Ireland's Paul Brown 3-1,an Interval now. Brown not reproducing his earlier outstanding form. Bunting into final from other side.

A vital 4th set win for Van Gerwen there but King looks composed and confident,I'd be happy enough to see him win his 1st PDC major.

King is one miserable fucker, would love to see MVG beat him.

Oh my word Van Gerwen really is so woeful on doubles

Dear oh dear MVG :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

MvG throwing it away. Terrible finishing.

King is one miserable fucker, would love to see MVG beat him.
    There's no doubt about that but He's been brilliant all week despite the crowd. He's really shutting them up here. I'm actually finding it hard to shout against him cos of all the booing. He can hit his doubles- that is the difference

There's no doubt about that but He's been brilliant all week despite the crowd. He's really shutting them up here. I'm actually finding it hard to shout against him cos of all the booing. He can hit his doubles- that is the difference
    Isn't he wearing ear plugs so I presume he can't hear a thing? The booing goes on a lot not just in Ireland if they can't put up with it they shouldn't be professional dart players.

His face would crack if he smiled.

Game on now. Great 6 legs from MvG.

Don't mean to spoil the party but it really is a poor game. Both players are showing glimpses but when one hits form, the other drops off. I'm sure the winner won't mind though

I'd still be amazed if King didn't win

Don't mean to spoil the party but it really is a poor game. Both players are showing glimpses but when one hits form, the other drops off. I'm sure the winner won't mind though

I'd still be amazed if King didn't win

Yeah i think King will win it too.

An amazing turn around here! Half an hour ago it was impossible to see anything other than an easy King victory but it's game on now! Still wouldn't like to call a winner but Van Gerwen looks like the one with all the adrenaline flowing now and could be the favourite but then again If King ups his game again Van Gerwen could start missing doubles again,who knows?

5-4, brilliant stuff from MVG, go and win the damn thing now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Great stuff Micky V,looks like he will do it now.

• Advertisement

Well done van Gerwen, delighted for him. His first major final while King has lost 7 from 7.

Must say I really enjoyed that.

Advertisement