Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PartyPoker.com World Grand Prix 2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Gee I must say I didn't see that coming. Fair play to MvG what a collapse by King though, that'll haunt him for a while to come (the old cliche he'll never have an easier chance to win a major!)

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Fair old turn around alright, wasn't the best final i've seen, not bad.

Nice to see a new major winner too. Can't be bad for darts!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Youssef Chippo

King is one ignorant man. Take your defeat with good grace FFS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

King is not one bit happy after that... Ouch....

• Advertisement

How else did he think in was feeling? Ffs

Wow King is not a happy camper. Tbf adrenaline is flowing, it's easy to say things you regret. The man has a point though I don't care what anyone says. Saying that the crowd didn't hit Mike's high scores for him

Not really a King fan anyway so I'm not exactly in tears :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Another sore loser,how can he expect anyone to be on his side after that --gave no credit to MVG,pig ignorant,good riddance.

And Dave would you give over it's not the bloody best final we've had in Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

Well done Van Gerwen. I still remember his great victory over Martin Adams in the Winmau World Masters final in 2006 when he was only 17 and great things were expected from him. He had a dip in form and went through some lean years but great to see him finally showing his potential this week in the Grand Prix and winning his first PDC major.

• Advertisement

Oh FFS King,It's no wonder your not liked with garbage out of your mouth like that! Take your defeat like a Man FFS!

Gotya wrote: »
    How else did he think in was feeling? Ffs
    He could have said a few words of congrats to MVG, it's not all about him.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Absolutely delighted for MvG. He is a very nice guy, always willing to have a chat and a laugh with you and a brilliant player too. He was so young when he cam the PDC and so much pressure was put on him and he couldn't live up to it but this year he back to his best and proven what a great player he is. I reckon he just earned a Premier League place tonight too.

As for King, he is right to a point that the crowd helped MvG. In all honesty they were a disgrace and I'm a little embarrassed that those people are supposedly Irish darts fans. King can't just blame crowd though, he didn't give MvG any credit at all there, he threw super darts and blew King away in the final 5 sets. He really does himself no favours.

Well done MvG. Up to 8th in the world now. Couldn't happen to a nicer lad.

Ah lads, he is just after getting beat in a major final after been 4-1 up. He had the crowd on his back all week. The man is just a bit pissed off. Plus it not like he is in major finals every year, surely anyone can understand why he act like that.

Anyway well done to m.v.g. as was said, happy to see a new name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

hawkwing wrote: »
    Another sore loser,how can he expect anyone to be on his side after that --gave no credit to MVG,pig ignorant,good riddance.
    Treble20 wrote: »
    Oh FFS King,It's no wonder your not liked with garbage out of your mouth like that! Take your defeat like a Man FFS!

Lads would yis give over. As per every year, the crowd as full of boozed up mongos who think they are entitled to make noise and boo during the throw, how many times was good order asked for?

King has every right to feel aggrieved. He showed great class yesterday after beating Dolan, no wonder he's so p!ssed off.

The crowd behaviour gets no better in the Citywest in every Grand Prix held.

I can't imagine I'd be feeling great with a crowd of people booing my every throw at a double either

I'll give him the benefit in that he had just finished and obviously the adrenaline was still flowing. Interviewing people straight after a final can potentially cause problems like that

He should have acknowledged MvG though, no question

And also well done to Merv in a way for putting Clark in his place. What kind of a stupid question was that "how are you feeling?"? Jeepers, how do you think, like

watching ESPN, its a different atmosphere all together!..
    I don't watch much BDO darts, btw.

Lads would yis give over. As per every year, the crowd as full of boozed up mongos who think they are entitled to make noise and boo during the throw, how many times was good order asked for?

King has every right to feel aggrieved. He showed great class yesterday after beating Dolan, no wonder he's so p!ssed off.
    Fair enough you have a point. I've no problem with him giving out about the crowd but he could have paid a compliment to Van Gerwen. I was probably a little harsh on him but admittedly he's not the most well liked player.

Watching both PDC and BDO events It's amazing the behaviour of the fans at both events. In the PDC jeering and booing seems to happen at all the major events but in the BDO the respect the players get is brilliant mind you the callers in the BDO are quick to stamp out any noisy behaviour where as in the PDC the callers seem to be told to let the noise go!

• Advertisement

The crowd behaviour gets no better in the Citywest in every Grand Prix held.
    Christ, so its just in Dublin that he gets booed is it? I seem to remember him get an awful time in Scotland, the Ally Pally and wherever he went during the Premier League. He is a sore loser with a short fuse and I for one don't fell one bit sorry for him. The man needs to grow the fook up, attacking Dave Clark will make it all better though.

Christ, so its just in Dublin that he gets booed is it? I seem to remember him get an awful time in Scotland, the Ally Pally and wherever he went during the Premier League. He is a sore loser with a short fuse and I for one don't fell one bit sorry for him. The man needs to grow the fook up, attacking Dave Clark will make it all better though.
    Christ man calm down,see my earlier post bud!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

Delighted for MvG but disappointed for King. The man is trying to earn a living playing darts and to have a crowd trying to put him off at every throw is out of order. The morons in the crowd possibly cost him £60k.

Without trying to bash the Dublin Crowd too much (a fair amount are darts fans who are there to watch good arrows) they have been particularly noisy and frankly disrespectful to players as the years have gone on

Remember taylor v Lewis when Aidy beat him? Throughout the whole game, every Taylor throw at a starting double and finishing double was booed. This was Taylor ffs.

The brother just text me there,said Chris Mason has lashed the Dublin crowd for their behaviour at the darts tonight on his twitter account. Have to admit he was right but I can't see the PDC doing anything about it any time soon,they just seem interested in filling seats and letting the crowd run riot! The Winmau final on ESPN is a perfect example of how a darts audience should behave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

The brother just text me there,said Chris Mason has lashed the Dublin crowd for their behaviour at the darts tonight on his twitter account. Have to admit he was right but I can't see the PDC doing anything about it any time soon,they just seem interested in filling seats and letting the crowd run riot! The Winmau final on ESPN is a perfect example of how a darts audience should behave.

Masons Twitter page here https://twitter.com/Chris180Mason Gave up following him ages ago as he post's some nasty rubbish at times.

buster180 wrote: »
    Masons Twitter page here https://twitter.com/Chris180Mason Gave up following him ages ago as he post's some nasty rubbish at times.
    I see Bristow has had a pop at him! I don't follow twitter but I've heard Mason has posted some controversial comments before on his twitter a/c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭BiffoGooner

This is why I tend to go up to it on the Monday or Tuesday nights. Many more dart fans and less of the gob****es. They do affect the players, without a doubt, and it just generates a bad atmosphere in the place, but as long as the PDC are willing to take their money and let them in, what can you do? Just a reflection on human nature and the average person really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

That crowd was disgraceful. Everything about the PDC is horrible. It's a shame the BDO can't get their ducks in a row

• Advertisement

T-K-O wrote: »
    That crowd was disgraceful. Everything about the PDC is horrible. It's a shame the BDO can't get their ducks in a row
    The BDO need a serious change at the top table and get rid of the likes of Robert Holmes and Fitzmaurice who gets more embarrassing in every TV tournament shown! The strange thing is even with all their many faults I find BDO tournaments compulsive viewing,strange but true!

Advertisement