Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play Therapy Course

Options
  • 26-03-2012 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hiya,

I dont know if Im posting in the right area, i searched play therapy but nothing relevent seems to show up, but hope someone can help. I currently have a Honours Degree in Social Care and wish to upskill. I am interested in the area of play therapy. There are two courses in Ireland, one by the childrens centre and another run by play therapy ireland in dublin.

I am just interested to know if anyone has done either course and if anyone has any thoughts or information on the courses and job itself.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭grind gremlin

Just wondering if you applied for this course in the end.... If so, who did you train with?
    How did you find the course?
    Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 roxy21

Hiya,

Ya im half way through my first year. I am training with The Childrens Therapy Centre in Co.Westmeath. I choose this course over the course in All Hallows in Dublin as the course in CTC is Hetac Accreditted which is important for me as I want to practice in ireland.

This course is also 2 years part time for a post-grad and 4 years part time for a masters. In All Hallows it was 1 year for the postgrad...I find that you cant be trained or have enough experience to practice without having enough time to do so yourself. The co-orinator and founder of CTC also has alot of experience in various fields and set up the CARI Foundation, shes a wealth of information, as are all the trainers in CTC. Not saying that All Hallows doesnt have great trainers I just found her experience and knowledge and where she strated to where she is today a great inspiration and motivation.

I really enjoy the course...there is alot of work involved and it can be time consuming so it really isnt for someone who isnt prepared to work. Alot of it is practical which I love because you can really learn from this.

I would highly recommend this course if it is an area you are interested in. They have a website also www.childrenstherapycentre.ie, which you can find out additional information on. They do loads of courses on a regualr basis and which are all accredited by HETAC.

Hope this helps..

Advertisement