Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4S - upgrade to 5 cost

• 26-03-2012 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm thinking of getting the iPhone 4S on contract. Just wondering when the new iPhone eventually comes out how much it is likely to cost to upgrade from the 4S?? I guessing that the iPhone 5 will be out in the autumn.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

It'll be about €1,328 I'd say....

In fairness, if you take out a contact now, you won't be upgrading when the 5 is out, your only option will be to buy the 5 outright for its current RRP

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SomeDude

I'm not prepared to pay more than €1,327....

So, I take from your comments that it is not possible to upgrade until the end of a contract. If that's the case I think I'll wait for the iPhone 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Ahh cmon now...Not already

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Ahh cmon now...Not already

What do you mean?

I'm sure you'll find a multitude of threads like this one from a year ago... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Would you not wait for the iPhone 6?

Seriously you're asking us for the price of a phone that's many months away from launch, may not even be released this year, no specs or prices are available and you want us to tell you how much it would cost you to upgrade from a contract you haven't signed yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SomeDude

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm asking. I never had a phone on contract before, I had pre-pay phones when I was younger and since then company mobiles. Just wondering if anybody could advise if I can upgrade later in the year and if so what a likely cost would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you buy a phone on contract, then your operator won't offer you an upgrade until your minimum contract period is nearly over. So if you sign up to an 18-month iPhone 4S deal today, it'll likely be Autumn 2013 before you are offered a favourable upgrade to the iPhone 5S, or whatever the hell it's called then.

If you want to change phone midway through a contract you either have to pay full whack for it, or buy the pay-as-you go phone for almost full whack and put your SIM in it.

"Full whack" in an iPhone's case is €600 for the most basic version.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You might have better luck asking here:Future planning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

murpho999 wrote: »
    Would you not wait for the iPhone 6?

Seriously you're asking us for the price of a phone that's many months away from launch, may not even be released this year, no specs or prices are available and you want us to tell you how much it would cost you to upgrade from a contract you haven't signed yet?

Not strictly true, I would guess the new phone will cost

€599 for smallest memory
    €699 for midsize memory
    €799 for largest memory

@OP, the iPhone 4s is still a really nice phone and a definite upgrade to the iphone 4

Advertisement