Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BMW Recall

• 26-03-2012 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭

Didn't see this being posted on recent post..

Just saw this on Yahoo about BMW issuing recall.. might be useful for some people..

More info

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Am I alone in thinking that this is a bit of a non-story?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Anan1 wrote: »
    Am I alone in thinking that this is a bit of a non-story?:)

No your not especially when its coming from a newspaper.

Que all the BMW are a sh1t car threads now if it is true..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Just been onto BMW as my dads 09 E60 was in last week due to the fuel filter heater recall and i was trying to find out of thos was the same recall or a new one, turns out its a separate issue!

BMW are in the process of updating their systems to see what cars are affected but ive been told it only goes back as far as 2008 cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

Aww I was hoping it was a recall for something massive in an E36. Free work is always nice :(

• Advertisement

JerCotter7 wrote: »
    Aww I was hoping it was a recall for something massive in an E36. Free work is always nice :(

:D Only E60, E63, and E63 cars affected AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭lau1247

kceire wrote: »
    BMW are in the process of updating their systems to see what cars are affected but ive been told it only goes back as far as 2008 cars.

The article suggested as far back as 2003, something is not adding up..

I need to get my dad to drop in to a dealer too to get it check out..

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

lau1247 wrote: »
    The article suggested as far back as 2003, something is not adding up..

I need to get my dad to drop in to a dealer too to get it check out..

The article has no confirmation from BMW that it is back to 2003 models. The only info the media have at the moment is that E60, E63 and E64 models are affected. That limits the years to 2003-2010, so they are playing a numbers game ;)

Joe Duffy BMW confirmed to me that it only goes back to 2008, but, they wouldnt be the first dealer to lie if im wrong :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

I contacted a known Galway establishment about this recall and they told me my car ('08 520D) isn't affected.
    To make sure .... (do I really trust them? LOL), I contacted Athlone and they tell me the chassis # that are affected won't be published for another couple of weeks ..

Have anyone received similar answers?

Thanks.
    V

ValerieR wrote: »
    I contacted a known Galway establishment about this recall and they told me my car ('08 520D) isn't affected.
    To make sure .... (do I really trust them? LOL), I contacted Athlone and they tell me the chassis # that are affected won't be published for another couple of weeks ..

Have anyone received similar answers?

Thanks.
    V
    Just wait for them to come to you.

• Advertisement

Anan1 wrote: »
    Just wait for them to come to you.

Thanks.
    But, it's a UK import. Will they still be able to find me?
    V

Thanks.
    V
    That's a good question. I'd email BMW, see what they say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭veetwin

Thanks.
    V

I'd say so. I imported my E61 from the UK and when I called Joe Duffy to book the 1st service they already had all my details on file from the reg no. Obviously the garage I bought it off had passed the details onto BMW Ireland.

veetwin wrote: »
    I'd say so. I imported my E61 from the UK and when I called Joe Duffy to book the 1st service they already had all my details on file from the reg no. Obviously the garage I bought it off had passed the details onto BMW Ireland.

Thanks. I doubt my E61 (nice car :) ) is registered with Duffy's or anyone here as we got it through a private sale. I'll contact BMW again in the next couple of weeks.
    Thank you for your help and suggestions. :)
    Valerie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,612 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Thanks. I doubt my E61 (nice car :) ) is registered with Duffy's or anyone here as we got it through a private sale. I'll contact BMW again in the next couple of weeks.
    Valerie

Presumably its registered to you with the DOT? That's where they get the details from.

Valerie

Just ring your local BMW dealer and ask them to put your reg/VIN and contact details on file.
    Ok, you'll get the post offering sales, discounts etc but at least your on the system then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

Bog standard reply from a dealer to tell you it won't affect you.

BMW Ireland like all other manufactures will contact you directly if your car is affected. Most recall stuff is done during regular services unless its an urgent safety issue.

Good idea to get your local dealer to put your car on their system if it's an import just in case it hasn't been done yet.

Advertisement