Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

evolution gun works inc.

Options
  • 26-03-2012 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

has anyone ever tried any products from this company? i'm probably going to buy a rail and possibly mounts so i was just wondering if anyone on boards had any dealings with them and their products

http://www.egwguns.com/

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

This is merely observational opinion having never owned one of their products but only seen them on shelves or other's rifles.

They seem decent, and made of suitable material. They hold well on smaller caliber, but it's not the composition i would have issue with, but the accuracy of their build/design. I'm not being "brandish", but with Warne, Burris, Ken Farrell, Near, etc there is a level of expectation in regards to how well made they are and do they do the job well. So is a 300mm set of rings 300mm. Or are they 30.5 or worse again 29.2mm. Is the 20 moa rail actually 20 moa. Are the holes for attaching it to the receiver correcvted, and squarely drilled. IOw will it pull the scope of centre, and loose you moa in windage.

I base all of this merely on the fact that EGW accessories are between 50 - 80% ceaper than most other brands. I'm afraid i'm from the school of if something seems too cheap is usually is or is for a reason.

Again only based on opinion, not on actual usage so i could be way of base.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cushcam

thanks for the reply, i can see the logic in what you are saying

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Please don't let this put you off. I would definitely wait for an answer from someone with actual experience rather than opinion. However the thing i see most common with lads having problems retaining zero is poor quality mounts, rings, rail, etc. Buy the best you can afford, a good reputable make, and eliminate this from the offset or better again before it starts.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I bought a rail from them and it fitted great. No issues with dimensions with Burris Xtreme rings either.
    I'd happily buy from them again.
    I got a voucher for money off a future purchase as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭steyrman2

Hi i have a few of there rails 20 moa and no problems everything fitted perfect plenty of irish dealers selling there stuff john lambert in camolin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭iTom

I bought a 20 moa rail from them too and never had a problem with.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cushcam

cheers for the opinions lads. i think for what the rail costs it will suit my needs perfectly, this is a bit of a budget build after all. for the time being at least

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭shanmoll308

I also have an EGW 20MOA rail on my savage F/TR..have no problems with it and it fit perfectly.

Adrian

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

They have a 21st Anniversary at the minute, EGW21 gets 10% off!
    No Affiliation etc.

Advertisement