Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade old eircom email

Options
  • 26-03-2012 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hi,

A relative has the old eircom email (blue/orange layout). How does she upgrade to the better webmail account?

She uses outlook to retrieve emails from the eircom mail. But recently she stopped getting new emails. I got her to log onto her eircom account directly through webmail, to see if I could solve the problem.

I sent a test email to her account which was not recieved. I deleted all messages she had, running up to the time she stopped recieving them, and sent another test email which was recieved.

She has now seemed to have lost all emails that were sent to her from the time she stopped recieving, untill the time I deleted the emails in her account. Where are these emails??

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Egyptian wrote: »
    Hi,

A relative has the old eircom email (blue/orange layout). How does she upgrade to the better webmail account?

She uses outlook to retrieve emails from the eircom mail. But recently she stopped getting new emails. I got her to log onto her eircom account directly through webmail, to see if I could solve the problem.

I sent a test email to her account which was not recieved. I deleted all messages she had, running up to the time she stopped recieving them, and sent another test email which was recieved.

She has now seemed to have lost all emails that were sent to her from the time she stopped recieving, untill the time I deleted the emails in her account. Where are these emails??

Thanks.

A friend of mine had this problem a while ago. Apparently some customers were never upgraded to the new webmal even though they should have been.

The allowance in the inbox is ridiculous so it was filling up rapidly and no email was being received.

Ask them to upgrade you and also convert the account to impap. The process can take a few weeks apparently.

You could try going into the inbox online and deleting some mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi,

Thanks.

Hi Egyptian,

Can you PM me with the eircom.net e-mail address in question. I can send off a request to upgrade to the new webmail platform.

I will look into the deleted e-mails as well.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Egyptian

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply. She has actually contacted Eircom over the phone earlier today and sorted out her quota and layout, etc.

Hopefully all has been sorted now. It seems strange that these updates were not automatic?

I'll PM you the details of the account anyway, but as far as she can tell, it has been updated, and everything that can be done about the lost emails is being done.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply. She has actually contacted Eircom over the phone earlier today and sorted out her quota and layout, etc.

Hopefully all has been sorted now. It seems strange that these updates were not automatic?

I'll PM you the details of the account anyway, but as far as she can tell, it has been updated, and everything that can be done about the lost emails is being done.

Hi Egyptian

I PM you back.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Xcalibur

Hi,
    Not sure if this is the same problem as above, but have been unable to download any new e-mails since last evening. Get message saying password not recognised. Have not changed password since first started using this e-mail account over ten years ago. HELP!
    This is the message i get through Outlook:

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'mail1.eircom.net', Server: 'webmail.eircom.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR failed: Could not connect to server', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Xcalibur wrote: »
    Hi,
    Not sure if this is the same problem as above, but have been unable to download any new e-mails since last evening. Get message saying password not recognised. Have not changed password since first started using this e-mail account over ten years ago. HELP!
    This is the message i get through Outlook:

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'mail1.eircom.net', Server: 'webmail.eircom.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR failed: Could not connect to server', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Hi Xcalibur,

Thanks for your post. There is a current issue with four of the mailservers at the minute. One of these is back up again and we expect all mail servers to be restored soon.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused and thank you for bearing with us.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pollyjean

Hi
    I'm having the exact same trouble as the first person who posted in this thread. My relative uses Outlook Express with her eircom email address.

She has the old eircom email and her account was never upgraded to the new webmail settings. Her eircom account became full last friday and as a result she stopped receiving emails. I logged into her eircom account on tuesday and deleted some mails to free up space, so now she can receive mails, but the mails that she should have received between last Friday and Tuesday have still not been received.

How can we receive her mails from those days? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

pollyjean wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm having the exact same trouble as the first person who posted in this thread. My relative uses Outlook Express with her eircom email address.

She has the old eircom email and her account was never upgraded to the new webmail settings. Her eircom account became full last friday and as a result she stopped receiving emails. I logged into her eircom account on tuesday and deleted some mails to free up space, so now she can receive mails, but the mails that she should have received between last Friday and Tuesday have still not been received.

How can we receive her mails from those days? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Hi pollyjean.

I got your PM & messaged you back. Get back to me when you can.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 41 scatriona

Hi mark, can you help me with same issue, parents email has low quota - 5120 or something? Where do I send their email address to?
    thanks,

SCATRIONA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

scatriona wrote: »
    Hi mark, can you help me with same issue, parents email has low quota - 5120 or something? Where do I send their email address to?
    thanks,

SCATRIONA
    Hi Scatriona
    if you PM me the details.. mail and account details, I will push this fo ryou.
    Thanks
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 sandboy

Hi there

My parents have the old webmail and the half GB quota.  Their email filled up and they weren't receiving email for a while.  I fixed it up but can I get them upgraded to the 5GB quota and new webmail interface?  Let me know where to sent their details,

Thanks

Advertisement