Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICS update on emobile?

Options
  • 26-03-2012 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

I've a galaxy s2 with eMobile. I see most Irish networks are releasing Ice Cream Sandwich update soon, when are eMobile releasing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭kc56

eMobile sales rep said it would be released in April. Also the GSII can download the update over the air so it is not necessary to use Kies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

How do I update "over the air"?Never used Kies,dont even know what it is!

On your phone: Home screen -> Menu -> Settings -> About Phone -> Updates.
    OR Applications -> Settings -> About Phone -> Updates

Under Updates, you can check several boxes allowing auto updates or you can just check to see if there is an update available.

You may need to register with Samgsung.

No updates on Samsung site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

toby2111 wrote: »
    No updates on Samsung site.

Hi toby2011,

The updates are due for release Mid April. Once I get confirmation of the release date an update will be posted here.

Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭xzodia

will it also be available for the galaxy s

xzodia wrote: »
    will it also be available for the galaxy s

Word on the street is that Samsung are not making ICS available for the 'S'. Main reason appears to be insufficient memory on the S.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Jarndyce

Hi toby2011,

The updates are due for release Mid April. Once I get confirmation of the release date an update will be posted here.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Do you know if eMobile are still on track for this release date or has it been set back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Should be available now - Went live with Meteor yesterday evening.

Thanks Mike.

How do you update on Galaxy S2?

EDIT: I registered with Samsung to update the software but it said no updates available. The wait continues!

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

Jarndyce wrote: »
    Hi Tony,

Do you know if eMobile are still on track for this release date or has it been set back?

Hi Jarndyce
    I have been advised that the mid April date is unlikely,:mad: but not been provided with exact date as yet. Will ask again and post when I have this info.
    Tony

Ah, that's disappointing. Cheers for the update though

Yes I know, waiting for this also. I have pushed for more info on this though.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

im on emobile and got the update last night by connecting my phone to kies. It wasnt showing up on the check for update on the phone however.

jd83 wrote: »
    im on emobile and got the update last night by connecting my phone to kies. It wasnt showing up on the check for update on the phone however.

Hi jd83 / Jarndyce
    that is great, I will check thi sout. Thanks for posting this:o bit embarressing,,,,
    Tony

jd83 wrote: »

Not for me. Connected to Kies and it says I'm up to date.

GS2: Gingerbread 2.3.5

kc56 wrote: »

Same here.

Hi Jarndyce
    I have been informed that ICS update should be available on the 30th of April. Will be available on OCA and kies.
    Tony

Excellent. That's great news. Thanks for that, Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

kc56 wrote: »

It worked for me. However i got my phone as an emobile upgrade and it was in a car phone warehouse. Its sim free so maybe that has something to do with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Miike wrote: »
    Should be available now - Went live with Meteor yesterday evening.
    Thanks Mike.

How do you update on Galaxy S2?

EDIT: I registered with Samsung to update the software but it said no updates available. The wait continues!

Upgraded via Kies, however... I've also noticed some people on meteor aren't getting the upgrade so I'm not exactly sure what's going on. Irish carriers really need to pick the slack, were always among the last to see anything :(

ICS is now available on Kies for SGS2

How exactly do I upgrade on Kies for SGS2?

How exactly do I upgrade on Kies for SGS2?

Download Kies from Samgsung web site onto a PC, install, plug the phone into the USB connector and Kies should check for the update. Follow instructions. Make sure the battery is fully charged before doing the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

Kies is software to connect samsung phones your PC or Mac for updates & can be downloaded here. I haven't tried kies yet but ICS update is not yet available OTA for emobile phones. Maybe if the phone was originally released by a different operator the update may be available. Nothing mentioned on the Emobile site as of yet.:(

I'm with emobile.....so its not available then?!Has anyone got a definite answer?

I'm with emobile.....so its not available then?!Has anyone got a definite answer?

It is available now for eMobile via Kies. It should be available OTA later a few hours maybe. You have to register with Samgsung first via the Update menu on the phone (Settings-> About Phone -> Software Update)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dljitx

Hi, I have been checking at frequent intervals using Kies for the ICS update, and still no update, how much longer is this going to take, its a bloomin torture that we are the last to get it, come on EMobile, wake up and send out the update, if you can't send it out yet, at least tell your paying customers when it is liely to be available.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

Update now on Kies. Still no sign of it OTA. Had to download latest version of Kies & Phone must be well charged. Apparently 30% is too low.

• Advertisement

I updated via Kies on Tuesday night. No problems.

Advertisement