Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check my stats

• 26-03-2012 10:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I have been on Eircom NGB upto 24MB with a line capable of 12.5MB I have been getting that speed fine but now I have an appletv and it seems ny dsl is cutting out at least once a day and apple tv doesn't like it. I have done all (ALL) the troubleshooting and have aalso got a new Zyxel p660 modem from them but the issue persists.
    Tonight they downgraded my profile to 10MB (although the modem is syncing at 9.2) as they said my noise margin (6) was too low.
    If this solution works should I just accept it? Will 9.2MB be sufficient for streaming possibly 720p content?

Here are my new stats since the downgrade:

eircom broadband : Connected
    DSL Mode : ADSL2PLUS
    Speed : 9215 kbps / 670 kbps
    Line Attenuation (Down/Up) : 27.8 dB / 13.1 dB
    DSL Noise Margin : 11.3 dB / 19 dB

Interestingly was watching a HD stream on liveonlinefooty tonight the higher profile for the 1st half was fine, then profile lowered at half time, then slightly stuttery for 2nd half

Advertisement