Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardwareversand

Options
  • 26-03-2012 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

I'm sure a lot of you have done business with hardwareversand before, and I'm thinking of buying my pc components from them. Does anyone have any stories or anything to tell me about them? Also, their page about shipping is in german, they haven't translated it yet, so I don't know how much it would cost me. If anyone does, you'd be a great help to me!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

18.99 shipping no matter how large the order. I've used them and I've found them to be reliable, although I haven't had to RMA anything but most people here who did have to return items have had no problems. They use DHL in Germany and An Post when it arrives here. You can track it online the whole way through the Dhl site and then the An Post site.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TheZestyLemon

18.99 shipping no matter how large the order. I've used them and I've found them to be reliable, although I haven't had to RMA anything but most people here who did have to return items have had no problems. They use DHL in Germany and An Post when it arrives here. You can track it online the whole way through the Dhl site and then the An Post site.

Thanks for the info. Do you mind if I ask what you got and also how long it took for it to arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

From all the plugging you guys do, they should give a discount to those who were recommend from this site.
    Someone should give them a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

From all the plugging you guys do, they should give a discount to those who were recommend from this site.
    Someone should give them a shout.

Really should, must be around 2 full builds a day at least that a sketched up on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

well i am prety sure they dont even know we exist :(. about 95% of builds done here are all from harwareversand.

someone should write them a letter and point it out here. they obviously see a big increase in irish shipments.... :rolleyes:

some sort of boards.ie coupon of 5-10% would be lovely :)

• Advertisement

Christ, I'd be delighted with 5% off

When filling out the order form, it asks for a ZIP code. What should I put in there, seen as we don't exactly have ZIP codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

When filling out the order form, it asks for a ZIP code. What should I put in there, seen as we don't exactly have ZIP codes.

irish, eire, -, something along that works fine.
    I usually just put a hyphen in any space I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

I usually put 'REP 123', but it really doesn't matter.

I'd write up a letter but I'm not sure theyd care? we'd still recommend them, and they know it.

Tea_Bag wrote: »

I'd write up a letter but I'm not sure theyd care? we'd still recommend them, and they know it.

It wouldn't hurt to try. I bet 90% of their Irish customers were recommended from this site. Those that were recommended but did't buy from them, myself included, probably would have if they had offered some kind of Board discount.
    Recommending a build then saying they also give 10% discount or reduced shipping if you mention your coming from Boards.ie, makes them look friendly and reliable. I reckon it would be a benefit to them in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

What's the average waiting time from when they've received your payment and they have to build your PC?

Sitting here in quiet anticipation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I ordered for the first time from them last Monday. DHL had it Wednesday and hadn't updated their tracking since Thursday morning. But checking An Post's tracking now, they have it in Portlaoise. So hopefully get it tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Mine took around 5 or 6 working days as far as I remember(only parts, didnt get them to build it, which might add some more on)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

If you write it id get it translated to German :)

I was thinking about what to say all day today, but I really don't know where to start. I looked at my account and I've spent just shy of €10K there, so it really is allot of money and business for them. I think deceit spent more than me though so it could be better if he sent it, maybe? I dunno. anyone wanna draft something?

em, come on lads. lets try it? the worse that can happen they will just laugh at us, point finger, say that we have small penises.

We might want to start a new thread on this and also I think we might need some kind of support from Broads.ie too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

The worse that can happen they will just laugh at us, point finger, say that we have small penises.
    Sounds like you're talking from experience :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe from the Broads uncle_sam mentioned? :D

Sorry uncle. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Right Il write the letter

Will be back later to show you all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Right Il write the letter

Will be back later to show you all

Remember to emphasise the fact that we don't have small penises

*Reaches for tipp-ex*

Right my first attempt, this willbe translated to german in the email, all comments appreciated

Dear Sir/Madam
    You may have noticed that over the recent months there has been a dramatic increase of sales from your store hardwareversand to the Republic of Ireland. I would like to suggest the reason for this. You may not be aware that a large portion of these sales to Ireland is due to the fact, that many people are being referred to your store by means of a very popular Irish forum.
    Boards.ie is the most used online forum in the Republic of Ireland. We have our own Pc Building & Upgrading forum where users can asks for specific builds that they require. I can safely say that 100% of the time the builds that are suggested are linked to your store. We members of boards.ie agree that your store has the most extensive range of computer components available and are also pleased with the reasonable shipping rates to Ireland.
    The members of boards.ie would appreciate if you could give us a discount
    code exclusively for boards.ie members. If this discount was 10% or even 5%, it would be greatly appreciated by us users of boards.ie as this would separate you Hardwareversand from any other online retailer for computer components.
    I appreciate you took the time to read this and I am looking forward to your response.

Yours Sincerely
    Boards.ie users

Right my first attempt, this willbe translated to german in the email, all comments appreciated

Dear Sir/Madam
    You may have noticed that over the recent months there has been a dramatic increase of sales from your store hardwareversand to the Republic of Ireland. I would like to suggest the reason for this. You may not be aware that a large portion of these sales to Ireland is due to the fact, that many people are being referred to your store by means of a very popular Irish forum.
    Boards.ie is the most used online forum in the Republic of Ireland. We have our own Pc Building & Upgrading forum where users can asks for specific builds that they require. I can safely say that 100% of the time the builds that are suggested are linked to your store. We members of boards.ie agree that your store has the most extensive range of computer components available and are also pleased with the reasonable shipping rates to Ireland.
    The members of boards.ie would appreciate if you could give us a discount
    code exclusively for boards.ie members. If this discount was 10% or even 5%, it would be greatly appreciated by us users of boards.ie as this would separate you Hardwareversand from any other online retailer for computer components.
    I appreciate you took the time to read this and I am looking forward to your response.

Yours Sincerely
    Boards.ie users

prety damn good, but may i add:

maybe change the request for 5-10% discount and just ask generally some sort of "benefits for boards.ie members"?
    you could add something about having abilit to pay with VISA or Paypal as it would make easyer and even more people to order from them, as a big chunk of irish people dont use bank transfers etc.

Id also remove the "I can safely say that 100% of the time the builds that are suggested are linked to your store" and replace it with something like "HWVS is almost always suggested as the retailer to use"

and do they have any plans to stock water cooling gear? actually that would be better in a separate email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Id also remove the "I can safely say that 100% of the time the builds that are suggested are linked to your store" and replace it with something like "HWVS is almost always suggested as the retailer to use"

"The vast majority of custom builds recommend using HWVS".

Hell, even reduced shipping would be amazing, never mind 5% off.

"The vast majority of custom builds recommend using HWVS".

Hell, even reduced shipping would be amazing, never mind 5% off.
    or "The only time HWVS isnt suggested is on lower budget PC's where the high shipping price makes it too expensive compared to local retailers" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

They sent my PC components on Wednesday and since thursday morning 00:48, there has been no shipment update on the DHL site beyong-
    "The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center".

Where would the items be at this point. I also read in another thread that DHL no longer do deliveries here and in fact pass the item over to an post.

Liamario wrote: »
    They sent my PC components on Wednesday and since thursday morning 00:48, there has been no shipment update on the DHL site beyong-
    "The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center".

Where would the items be at this point. I also read in another thread that DHL no longer do deliveries here and in fact pass the item over to an post.

thats how they worked here all the time? all deliveries from that german website come by post. unfortunately post will reopen only on tuesday :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

thats how they worked here all the time?

Is that a question or an answer? :confused:

Advertisement