Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new zealand whv visa query :)

Options
  • 26-03-2012 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

hey all have been approved via the nz govt online form
    just checked there and it states aproved :):)
    should i get email confirmation?
    do i get a e visa emailed to me :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭20260622

Hiya,

Yes you should get email confirmation and then you need to log in to your online account and print the visa off.

Hope this helps! You'll love NZ, enjoy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

Great stuff.

New Zealand is a great place. You'll love it.

Bring a rain jacket though its worse than Galway at times

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭jamiecoins

sound for the replies :)
    i have not got a email yet and it says on the site approved for my visa . is this what i have to print

Summary of all your current Visas:

Visa Type Passport Number Expiry Date Expiry Date Travel Number of Entries Visa Conditions
    Visa Work xxxx58x3x9 - 27 Mar 2013 Multiple Visa valid for further travel for 12 month(s) from first arrival. This visa expires 12 month(s) after first arrival. When entering NZ, stay is subject to grant of permission. You must leave New Zealand before the expiry of your visa or face deportation. Return/onward ticket not required. The holder may work as part of a Working Holiday Scheme in any employment except permanent employment. View Details
    Online Applications

You are working on the following applications:

Application Description Status Payment Status Date Selected
    Working Holiday Scheme Irish Working Holiday Scheme Application Received Received -
    Check out the latest updates for Skilled Migrant Expressions of Interest.

Immigration Applications

Below is a list of your pending and previous applications:

Visa Type Decision Application Number Lodgement Date Expiry Date
    Visa Work APPROVED 1xxxxxxx4 26 Mar 2012 27 Mar 2013

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Ais77

Hi Jamie,

In that screen there should be a link "more details" and that provides you with a letter. It should start with:

Dear .....
    I am pleased to inform you that your application for a work visa under a Working Holiday Scheme is approved....

Underneath it has a section called "work visa".

I got mine last month and I'm travelling in May - this is what I plan to print off anyway!

hi got the email of them yesterday lol i was too eager
    yeh says print of the info when u click the whats happening link :)
    cant wait myself did u book flights? who with?
    travel insurance? who with?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Ais77

Ye I booked flights a couple of weeks ago. I booked with Etihad and it was €850. It depends when you're going but I think between 900 - 1,000€ is the usual for flights. Etihad seem to be the most direct so I'm going Dublin>Abu Dhabi>Sydney>Auckland.

I haven't got my insurance yet though, I seen multitrip have an annual travel insurance for about 50-60€.

When are you going? What part?

dublin -london-kuala lumpar-auckland for november is 700 on skyscanner
    was looking on backpackers travel insurance and its 250 euro for 2 years aus/nz
    going to aukland stay a few days sort out a bank acc and ird number then of to hamilton to see family then the job hunt starts lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mmanvil1

Helllloooo all!
    I was just approved for my working visa last night!!! (I cried for a good while because I was so happy! sap I know.. haha

I have a few questions for anyone who has gone done this before...
    I've wanted to travel to NZ for a long long time and being the poor graduate that I am, my best bet to fund my travels while there was to get a working visa...anywayyy...my question is this..
    How strict are they about the proof of extra funds ($4200)? My friend who is currently over there said that they didn't even check? Just wanted some confirmation ha

Then secondly, I was wondering what "When entering NZ, stay is subject to grant of permission" meant?

Thanks for your help! :)

Advertisement