Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone been to reptile village

• 26-03-2012 10:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭

as above its based in Kilkenny i think. Just wondering has anyone been down to it and if so whats it like and what can you handle.
    Just looking for a bit of first hand info as I am thinking of taking the trip down soon enough

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭REPTILEDAN88

The best day to go would be Sunday for feeding, and yeah you can handle a few animals like Boas and some lizards and if your lucky James or one of the lads might take out one of the Caimens so you can get a pic with it :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭gud4u

My nephews 6 and 12 LOVED it, as did their Gran, so all age groups seemed happy when they went. It was a total little boys dream according to the 6 year old, he got great fun out of making his gran touch a massive snake. Yo get to touch the reptiles...if that's your thing and my sister said the staff were great, she had some kind of big yellow snake around her shoulders....wouldn't be my cup of tay:D

They were there the last bank holiday Monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Was there last year and really enjoyed it for a different day out. They do take out a lot of the reptiles to do a Show & Tell with them and you can get to handle/hold some of them. My OH got to hold the 8ft Albino Python (I think) and I got to hold a 6 inch scorpion.

They also have a little coffee shop and play area there for the kids so you can easily wile away the day.

Here is a link to their Facebook Group page.

Advertisement