Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New raised bed

Options
  • 26-03-2012 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. Due to last years bad weather I had to remove some hedging that had died. Have done this and replaced with 2m high wall but am also in the process of making some raised beds in front of wall. Timbers in place and I have removed grass and broken up clay fairly well but now need to raise beds the 100mm to top of timbers. Do I need to mix anything through the topsoil im going to be putting into beds? Thank for any info.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Glebee wrote: »
    Hi guys. Due to last years bad weather I had to remove some hedging that had died. Have done this and replaced with 2m high wall but am also in the process of making some raised beds in front of wall. Timbers in place and I have removed grass and broken up clay fairly well but now need to raise beds the 100mm to top of timbers. Do I need to mix anything through the topsoil im going to be putting into beds? Thank for any info.

Compost,manure and horticultural grit mixed into the topsoil.

Also mix in some fertiliser pellets too.8 euro for a large 10 litre size/8kg weight tub of it in Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Cheers Paddy, Thanks for the info

Got a great start made on the beds this evening. So far so good. Just call me Monty Don:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Glebee wrote: »
    Got a great start made on the beds this evening. So far so good. Just call me Monty Don:)

Hi Monty.;):D

Was planning to get some planting in on Good Friday. Just onion sets, carrotts etc . Is it still too cold out or should I wait a week or two..

• Advertisement
Advertisement