Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

which fertiliser

• 26-03-2012 10:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,628 ✭✭✭✭

hi. havent had soil tests done yet but our land has been grazed tight and poached with no slurry/ fert put on in 20 yrs so i assume its low in everything. which is the best bag stuff to put on for grass growth. will get tests etc done but prob need to sow now so whats a good ''general'' fertiliser. also what weather conditions would be ideal. ground is dry and quite hard at the mo
    thanx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭fatoftheland

pasture sward would be best blend to use until soil results are in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

i would say a go of 18.6.12 for the first round and then pasture sward after that. alternativly a bag of 0.7.30 and then a bag of urea/can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

i would say a go of 18.6.12 for the first round and then pasture sward after that. alternativly a bag of 0.7.30 and then a bag of urea/can.

Around me, 18-6-12 seems to be the defalt setting of many a man!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Hi OP,

if you spread P and K now before you take a soil sample you will get an artificially high result for them. If you are in a hurry just spread CAN now and take a soil sample as soon as you can, then spread P and K, maybe 0.7.30 when you get results.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,628 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

thanx for the quick response . getting time is an issue so prob go for pasture sward just so 1 run will do then when soil results are in tailor the fert blend more to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭k mac

Is this fertiliser you are recommending ie pasture sward/ 18-6-12 for silage meadow or for early grazing. I have good grass where no cattle but since they have been out has been very little regrowth and am wondering what fert is best for early grass ?

Advertisement