Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Letting out a young bull to Mature cows

• 26-03-2012 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭

In process of buying a bull (only considering a Limousin).

looked at a lad this evening - 17 months outwintered.

he was a good quality bull but only about 450 - 480 kgs and I'd be worried about him being able to serve some very big cows???

I need him in action straight away and although I would no concerns about in the future, it's now I need him.

what would the thoughts be??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

how many cows? a lad bought a young bull off us a few years ago, let him in with 180 cows:eek: decided he was going to take him out from cows each night.... got a call a week later that the bull was mad, he was leaving the bull on his own at night in a shed after being with the cows all day, he should have left a cow with him at night to settle him, he was going in to the shed with a teleporter to get the bull out each day... we took the bull back from him, bull was a nervous wreck when we got him home, kept him for a month and sold him to someone else....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Dunedin

whelan1 wrote: »
    how many cows?

sorry, I should have said that. only 16 cows. Not worried about the number but just will he be strong enough to work.

I know they can surprise you and do the business but it would be an expensive mistake if he didn't work out??:mad::mad:

and I definitely won't be bringing him in to the shed each night:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

we've a 19mth old bull that has been put to work at 17mths.
    so long as he is tall enough to reach i'd go for it.
    just try and keep a bit of meal into him if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jerdee

i sell a few bulls every year blacks and only in the last two years have guys Come to me two months before they need them get them home and settled before they need to work its the best if you can do so .bulls work straightway and know the setup

Advertisement