Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How will the new license effect me?

• 26-03-2012 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have recently decided to get a A license I have already prepaid my IBT with Irish School Of Motoring today and will sit my theory test and get my license may/june. I am 24 at the moment and want to know how i can avoid the new license restrictions impacting me.

Please help I am really confused and annoyed about this as I only learned about the new restrictions after paying for my IBT.

Regards,
    Justin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭carsQhere

If you obtain your learner permit & complete your IBT etc. before the end of this year you will not be affected.

Lots of info in this forum and more here and here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭gipi

Do you mean the new classes AM, A1, A2 and A?

They don't "go live" until 2013 and don't affect existing A licence holders (once you pass your test before Jan 2015) so you can get your A learner permit and apply for your test after 6 months as usual.

Good luck with the IBT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

gipi wrote: »

They don't "go live" until 2013 and don't affect existing A licence holders (once you pass your test before Jan 2015) so you can get your A learner permit and apply for your test after 6 months as usual.

Good luck with the IBT!

Can you please elaborate? BTW I'm a full licence holder but just curious??

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Sinister747

gipi wrote: »

Good luck with the IBT!

So just to clarify, If I do my Theory Test in May/June for Class A.. Get my learner permit, complete the IBT. Then the only way this new legistation will effect me is if;
    • I need to renew my learner permit (after January 2013)
    • or I do not complete my full test prior to January 2015
    I need clarification on the January 2015 part because different people have different views on this. Some say I need to pass my Full Driving Test prior to January 2013 and some say I have to pass the Full Driving Test prior to January 2015 which one is correct?

Advertisement