Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which chemical ?

• 26-03-2012 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

Any one know what chemical would kill that horrible white headed weed that will shortly be swamping all the roadsides around here.
    Nobody seems to trim it and it just gets worse each year . It makes the by-roads around here very narrow and dangerous , I used to strim along my stretch but it still comes back so this year I want to spray it. Don't want to kill everything so round-up is out , want something selective.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Is it cow parsley you want to curtail?
    ~Maybe it's just me but does anything look as bad as a country road with sprayed verges?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Bizzum wrote: »
    Is it cow parsley you want to curtail?
    ~Maybe it's just me but does anything look as bad as a country road with sprayed verges?

Definitely.
    But I think OP wanted something selective.
    Maybe something like Mortone, but it will kill most things except grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭padowado

I sprayed them last week with mcpa and their heads are
    down.....mcpa is available in lots of different brand names and wont kill grass.......i paid 48 euro for 10
    liters......it does not look too good if grass is dead on
    side of the roads if roundup is used its good for under
    electric fences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭hughjohn

First up , I wanted something selective. I have no desire to kill anything else except this hogweed thing and wil not spray if I can't get a selective herbicide.

I am onto the council about this the last few years but get nowhere , always passing the buck.

This thing is so bad in my area that for the last few years I have paid a hedging contractor out of my own pocket to cut it . Just thought spray might be a bit cheaper / more long term.

As for is it legal , I don't care a damn if it is or not, this is a road safety issue and I'll take my chance in court if arrested.

On narrow roads round here visibility is severely curtailed for 6 weeks while this thing is flowering.

Health & safety is used so much as an excuse these days and often ignored when needed.

Advertisement