Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power washer hose repair

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Hello folks,
    I have an old bosch power washer that works perfect. But the hose has a couple of holes in it & i see one on ebay for like €70 but you'd be better buying a new one at that price:rolleyes: can it be joined together with some sort of plumbing fitting by any chance? this is the hose btw http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bosch-Aquatak-120i-1300si-1350-Hose-Handle-F016F03055-NEXT-DAY-DELIVERY-/110846375473?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item19cef57631

Pirtek in Ballymount or else JJ Gillans on the old Airport Road,Santry will either repair the old hose or else make you up a new hose with new fittings.

They will either do it there on thre spot,or else leave it with them for a few hours to fix it.

Simples.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

paddy147 wrote: »
    Pirtek in Ballymount or else JJ Gillans on the old Airport Road,Santry will either repair the old hose or else make you up a new hose with new fittings.

They will either do it there on thre spot,or else leave it with them for a few hours to fix it.

Simples.:)
    Thanks. Wonder how much that would be?

Thanks. Wonder how much that would be?

Cheaper than the link you posted.;)

Oh and the only link I have to either Pirtek or JJ Gillans is as a happy customer in the past.

Fixed a Karcher hose for me and also made up oil cooler braided lines for me before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

Hi
    what part of country are you. my bosch washer is powered out. Cannot fix it but the hose is perfect(like picture you put up). you can have it. Bought new Karcher Power Washer. Im in Sligo.
    NW

paddy147 wrote: »
    Cheaper than the link you posted.;)

Oh and the only link I have to either Pirtek or JJ Gillans is as a happy customer in the past.

Fixed a Karcher hose for me and also made up oil cooler braided lines for me before.
    okay will google pirtek anyway ;)

• Advertisement

North West wrote: »
    Hi
    what part of country are you. my bosch washer is powered out. Cannot fix it but the hose is perfect(like picture you put up). you can have it. Bought new Karcher Power Washer. Im in Sligo.
    NW
    Im in Oldcastle, North Meath. God that would be very kind of you. I'll Pm you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

Hi Killian,
    Will check buses etc from my end here im in Sligo. Will let you know the results. The hose I have is exactly as your photo. I am away tomorrow (Wed) will check Thurs
    NW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

thanks paddy147
    i was looking for this info too
    went to pirtek in ballymount today
    repaired my rac power washer hose while i waited
    €10
    nice friendly lads too

meercat wrote: »
    thanks paddy147
    i was looking for this info too
    went to pirtek in ballymount today
    repaired my rac power washer hose while i waited
    €10
    nice friendly lads too

Well you have helped me out before,so Im just glad to return the help.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Op hope you dont mind me jumping in here for some advice.

Powerwasher has a small hole on the steel pipe and it's taking the pressure off the gun. Could I buy something that will seal it or would a sauldering iron work on it.

• Advertisement

i think a new hose may be required
    lidl had some yesterday(didnt suit my washer though)
    €20 i think
    or a repair by a professional(believe me i tried,without success )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

meercat wrote: »
    i think a new hose may be required
    lidl had some yesterday(didnt suit my washer though)
    €20 i think
    or a repair by a professional(believe me i tried,without success )

No that's the problem but it's not the hose,it's the metal bit that's attached to the unit. Will take a pic tomorrow.

Got sorted today thanks to this gentleman called North West:)

brilliant
    good man north west

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Fair play North West, the world need more like you.

Advertisement