Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Overweight girls wearing tight clothing, Yay or Nay?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

TL;DR - True beauty is within.

thanks. I was wondering what that meant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 justinwillianm

no definitely not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Old Tom

Hi folks just wondering what your opinions are on overweight women wearing sexy clothes like tight tops and leggings. Do you find it a turn on? Or do you find it unsexy and think they should wear something less revealing of their figure?
    If I find a girl unsexy it doesn't really matter what clothes she's wearing. It doesn't matter whether she's fat or skinny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Tight clothes are a privilege, not a right. I don't have the right either btw!

Worst is when you see a large woman (only seen this on large women, so excuse me) wearing leggings that aren't supposed to be see through, but she is busting so much out of them that they become so....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Where is the pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

personally, I hate people with ridiculously FAT noses, constantly poking them into other peoples business, instead of taking care of their own skeletons in their own closet.

people should sort out their own issues, instead of passing them off by putting other people down to make themselves feel good. It's nobody's business what people wear, no matter what size, shape, or age they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

It's nobody's business what people wear, no matter what size, shape, or age they are.

It's my business because it offends my eyes! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

If I wore tights clothes I'd look daft....................and probably attract lads considering I'm shìt hot and all.................but still daft looking.

But fat girls wearing tight clothes is a no-no. Not talking about slighty overweight girls here, I mean the very large ones. If anything, that type of clothing almost exaggarates their size and shows off the disproportion of their body.

Plus, it looks horrible with the belly sticking out like beef on a burger with biscuits used as buns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Some do get away with it, it is not slimness that is attractive but proportions. If a rotund women or man has the right proportions they are attractive, if a slim person does not they are not. Some say beauty can be calculated by the golden ratio 1.61803399, to an extent it can. Plastic surgeons use it, well some do, Renaisance artists used it and Christine Hendicks has it.

http://celebstylecentral.com/wp-content/uploads/celebrities/christina-hendricks/red-carpet/2010/01/christina-hendricks-16th-screen-actors-guild-awards-2010.jpg

Good news people she will be back on, in the new series of Mad men on Saturday I think.

• Advertisement

it's as offensive as the misspelling of "yea or nay"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,341 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Duggy747 wrote: »
    If I wore tights clothes I'd look daft....................and probably attract lads considering I'm shìt hot and all.................but still daft looking.

But fat girls wearing tight clothes is a no-no. Not talking about slighty overweight girls here, I mean the very large ones. If anything, that type of clothing almost exaggarates their size and shows off the disproportion of their body.

Plus, it looks horrible with the belly sticking out like beef on a burger with biscuits used as buns.

I saw what must have been a regularly sized 15 year old walking through my estate wearing hot pants. They were so tight she kept pulling at the crotch because there were making her uncomfortable. Or she had crabs.

I don't like fat girls. They are not attractive. I don't mind plump girls, but I honestly can say I've never been attracted to a fat girl. And when I say fat, I mean fat. I mean the kind of person who're told they need to book two seats on a flight.
    http://www.charlottecooper.net/imgs/fat/headless/r3739968269.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Eroticfishcake

Duggy747 wrote: »
    If I wore tights...

hmmm, pics??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Doesn't really bother me. I sort of pity the women who do it because they clearly have issues if they think that it looks good.

It's big fat disgusting men wearing no tops that I have a problem with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Jammy Donut

Depends.... Someone who's well overweight with more curves than a hot wheels track.. No.

Someone who a little pudgy then why not (These are always the ones with the biggest boobs) Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Irish girls have gotten very heavy in the last decade. Much worse than Irish fellas to be honest. Fit, toned healthy Irish girls are a rare breed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Irish girls have gotten very heavy in the last decade. Much worse than Irish fellas to be honest. Fit, toned healthy Irish girls are a rare breed.
    Denial is a river in Egypt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

no god no... looking at folds of flab is NOT sexy.

phasers wrote: »

Eh? 'Much worse' is not a denial.

Irish woman have but its easier for women to put on weight compared to men due to the increase serving sizes and hormonal differences.

Someone who a little pudgy then why not (These are always the ones with the biggest boobs) Yes.
    Agree with that.
    Seeing a stick insect in tight clothes can be as much of a turn off.
    Plump girls (with a nice shape) in tight clothes is very attractive to me.

• Advertisement

Irish woman have but its easier for women to put on weight compared to men due to the increase serving sizes and hormonal differences.

As opposed to women form other countries!!??? Irish women have become extremely inactive over the course of twenty years. Their lifestyle is extremely sedentary coupled with the consumption of atrocious foods. Serviing sizes and hormones are just excuses for laziness and indifference.

Irish guys are every bit as bad, with rampant alcohol consumption coupled with the junk food binges.

The difference is a far, far greater proportion of Irish guys tend to be active to some degree through sport where as only a tiny minority of Irish girls are involved in sport or health and fitness to any great degree. girls think walking regularly is exercise enough but going home and sitting on a couch scoffing bars of chocolate negate that level of exercise quickly. When they then binge on rich food or alcohol they slip further into obesity and it's associated problems.

i think there are girls who are beginning to take their health seriously but they are still a minority. To deny that there is a crisis of sorts is just burying your head in the sand! Serving sizes.... hahahahahaa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

I think one should dress according to their size, I am a size 16 and you would not catch me in a pair of leggings hell no!!

As opposed to women form other countries!!??? Irish women have become extremely inactive over the course of twenty years. Their lifestyle is extremely sedentary coupled with the consumption of atrocious foods. Serviing sizes and hormones are just excuses for laziness and indifference.

Irish guys are every bit as bad, with rampant alcohol consumption coupled with the junk food binges.

The difference is a far, far greater proportion of Irish guys tend to be active to some degree through sport where as only a tiny minority of Irish girls are involved in sport or health and fitness to any great degree. girls think walking regularly is exercise enough but going home and sitting on a couch scoffing bars of chocolate negate that level of exercise quickly. When they then binge on rich food or alcohol they slip further into obesity and it's associated problems.

i think there are girls who are beginning to take their health seriously but they are still a minority. To deny that there is a crisis of sorts is just burying your head in the sand! Serving sizes.... hahahahahaa!

what are you on about????

I am agreeing with you that Irish women have got heavier but Phasers was saying Irish men have as well. I was saying why its more noticeable on Irish women.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Doesn't really bother me. I sort of pity the women who do it because they clearly have issues if they think that it looks good.

It's big fat disgusting men wearing no tops that I have a problem with.

Nothing worse than some fat hairy mother****ing builder down the park on a sunny day, sweating all over himself as his bloated belly rapidly turns red from the sun/alcohol combo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Ooooooohhhh wont you take me home tonight?!

Ooooooohhhh down beside that red firelight

Ooooooohhhh wont you give it all you got?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,341 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

The guys are just as bad to be fair.
    But there's also more pressure on men than women nowadays. Male film stars all have 6 packs and bulging pecs.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/jan/06/body-image-concerns-men-more-than-women
    More than four in five men (80.7%) talk in ways that promote anxiety about their body image by referring to perceived flaws and imperfections, compared with 75% of women. Similarly, 38% of men would sacrifice at least a year of their life in exchange for a perfect body – again, a higher proportion than women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭knowit12

If ye haven't got it don't flaunt it....
    Especially blokes - all the talk about woman been over weight and what clothes look good for them and what doesn't ....

what about blokes ???
    nothing worse then an over weight man sweating buckets, beer belly, sipping a can/bottle with no top/shirt on.. even thinking of it makes me want to vomit..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Yes, if they are tanned and pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

You cant beat the summer days for a bit of leg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Ooooooohhhh wont you take me home tonight?!

Ooooooohhhh down beside that red firelight

Ooooooohhhh wont you give it all you got?!

Good song! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMnjF1O4eH0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭noddyone2

No-one should wear leggings, whatever size thee person is. Have yiz no mirrors?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

noddyone2 wrote: »
    No-one should wear leggings, whatever size thee person is. Have yiz no mirrors?

Yeah seriously, leggings and those godawful Ugg boots. So cheap, so disgustingly common looking.

Something nice and summery, preferably short to show off those gorgeous pins.

Brb.........*fap fap fap fap*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Can't understand people caring about what others wear.

I mean, I notice some strange things worn by both men and women that I wonder to myself how they could make that choice, but to actually care enough that it would wind me up? Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭EraseAndRewind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Nothing worse than some fat hairy mother****ing builder down the park on a sunny day, sweating all over himself as his bloated belly rapidly turns red from the sun/alcohol combo.

... and then giving a ;) as he eyes me up.

My heart lifts till I see the wedding band and kick myself again at another one that has already been snapped up. :)

... and then glancing back at the builder's crack and wishing I hadn't... the loss of what could have been is heartbreaking. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

depends what you mean by overweight ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭EraseAndRewind

smash wrote: »
    Please remove that! :(

Do u really want me to remove it !?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,307 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I lol at the ones that look like they have wings coming out of their sides that look like this :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

It's amazing how perfection prevails in AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Missmiddleton

I especially hate when over weight girls wear leggings. They're just not flattering, quite the opposite in fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

Overweight girls are 95% more likely to say, 'Sure!' to whatever weird, kinky-fetish thing you ask of them.

/ Just sayin....

I'm fat. I wear tight clothes pretty much all the time. But I wear tight clothes in the right size. I wear them because I look fatter in loose clothes and I have an hour glass sort of a shape so showing my small waist makes me look slimmer.

I do think people should dress for their shape, but only because generally, if you look good, you feel good, and if you feel good, everything is better!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Robdude wrote: »
    Overweight girls are 95% more likely to say, 'Sure!' to whatever weird, kinky-fetish thing you ask of them.

/ Just sayin....
    Still, surely you'd have to fancy them for it to be actually good...

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

I'm fat....

....so showing my small waist makes me look slimmer.

wat

Smyth wrote: »
    wat

Yep, I've been blessed with a tiny waist!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 issem

Women can be overweight or obese and men will still pursue them. Men on the other hand have to have to look like male models or else they won't get any eye contact and will be treated like a cockroach.

issem wrote: »
    Women can be overweight or obese and men will still pursue them. Men on the other hand have to have to look like male models or else they won't get any eye contact and will be treated like a cockroach.

Not sure that's true.

I know a few lads that have punched well above their weight

• Advertisement
Advertisement