Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Overweight girls wearing tight clothing, Yay or Nay?

Comments

I know a few lads that have punched well above their weight

not sure if pun intended.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

not sure if pun intended.....

Haha didn't notice that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 issem

Yes, but only because they were highly eccentric individuals whose personalities attract a large amount of attention; women see that and wish to receive some of that attention for themselves, that's the only reason those few lads were able to "punch well above their weight". If you're just a laid-back conservative kind of guy who's not in the top 5% looks wise, you're screwed in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

issem wrote: »
    Women can be overweight or obese and men will still pursue them. Men on the other hand have to have to look like male models or else they won't get any eye contact and will be treated like a cockroach.

totally disagree..make a woman laugh and your laughing ( if you get me )

all ye men here make me laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

Personally I think weight on on men isn't as noticeable as women. I have friends, male ones, who would be considered quite overweight by the medical standards but it isn't as noticeable on their larger frames, as in taller.

I'm a girl who would never have been considered fat but I do get paranoid about weight. With guys I find them less attractive when they are really skinny. Girls, it seems, are considered more attractive the skinnier they are while with guys it is with the beefier they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

danslevent wrote: »
    Personally I think weight on on men isn't as noticeable as women. I have friends, male ones, who would be considered quite overweight by the medical standards but it isn't as noticeable on their larger frames, as in taller.

I'm a girl who would never have been considered fat but I do get paranoid about weight. With guys I find them less attractive when they are really skinny. Girls, it seems, are considered more attractive the skinnier they are while with guys it is with the beefier they are.

definitley prefer a man with a bit of weight on him

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

snuggles09 wrote: »
    totally disagree..make a woman laugh and your laughing ( if you get me )

all ye men here make me laugh

+1 to that...nothing sexier than a man who can make me proper belly laugh !

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

Same here, I would rather an overweight guy than a skinny one and that is why is women get more abuse with having a bit of weight on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I dont think they do themselves any favours but then again same goes for anyone of any size, wear clothes that fit you is best I think, people buying clothes in sizes too small just because the number on the clothes gets to them is pretty silly. At the minute I've seen a lot of bigger girls wearing belly tops, I don't know if those girls are just confident or deluded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Who cares? As long as they feel good and happy and confident people should wear what they want.

It's probably fear of people saying "Absolutely not" and "Eewwww" that makes people feel self conscious about how they look in the first place.

To be honest I'd rather not see someone's sagging arse sticking out because their jeans are too tight, puts me off my lunch. :)

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    Still, surely you'd have to fancy them for it to be actually good...

No, men will have sex with the most unattractive woman in their surroundings if it's the only thing they can get. Whereas 80% of women will stay celibate if they can't have a guy in the top 20%. The remaining 20% of women are being pumped-up (self-esteem wise and vaginally) by 30% of the guys and 50% of the guys are left **** furiously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Women can be overweight or obese and men will still pursue them. Men on the other hand have to have to look like male models or else they won't get any eye contact and will be treated like a cockroach.
    Someone repeatedly not having success with the opposite sex needs to ask themselves eventually whether it's themselves rather than the world being against them.

--LOS-- wrote: »
    At the minute I've seen a lot of bigger girls wearing belly tops, I don't know if those girls are just confident or deluded.

Both, because decent-looking guys are making them think they are models by giving them so much attention. They literally start believing they're skinny and us guys in the bottom 50% can't even get a fatty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

No, men will have sex with the most unattractive woman in their surroundings if it's the only thing they can get. Whereas 80% of women will stay celibate if they can't have a guy in the top 20%. The remaining 20% of women are being pumped-up (self-esteem wise and vaginally) by 30% of the guys and 50% of the guys are left **** furiously.

Hang on, in another thread you are bemoaning that we (Irish society) has WAY too casual an attitude towards sex, so no offence but i have to ask...how often do you try to get laid?

Not being smart but i reckon your opinion is flowing from a point of bias and possibly even bitterness.
    Someone repeatedly not having success with the opposite sex needs to ask themselves eventually whether it's themselves rather than the world being against them.

See above. The poster doth protest too much.

Edit :
    Both, because decent-looking guys are making them think they are models by giving them so much attention. They literally start believing they're skinny and us guys in the bottom 50% can't even get a fatty.

And there it is.

That new age nonsensical excuse is overused. Yes maybe it is partly a confidence issue, but guys don't have confidence issues for no reason they have confidence issues because they are getting shunned by even the fattest of females.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭TomKat

This is the most pointless thread I have ever seen. It's pretty obvious what the answer is

Nothing new age, just very basic common-sense. Your views which aren't very nice wouldn't hold much appeal to any woman either.
    A woman who's nothing special looking or generally deemed physically unattractive isn't going to land a male model, the yardstick you used yourself, either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

while with guys it is with the beefier they are[/B][/B].

Have to say I'd much prefer a skinny guy, although nice and toned is my preference :)

That new age nonsensical excuse is overused. Yes maybe it is partly a confidence issue, but guys don't have confidence issues for no reason they have confidence issues because they are getting shunned by even the fattest of females.

lol, it has nothing to do with confidence.

Maybe they lack confidence, but maybe they are ugly, maybe they smell, maybe they moan too much, maybe they obsess about some idiotic subject which they talk about endlessly, maybe they have a superiority complex, and inferiority complex, maybe they come across as racist/sexist/ageist or many other "ist" or indulge in "ism" that the opposite sex dislikes. Maybe they are obsessed with their car, soccer or some **** band no one has heard off.

There could be millions of reasons a dude is not getting laid all mixed up into one generally unattractive cocktail. The only constant i have ever noticed is when a guy is not getting laid, it's everyone elses fault.

• Advertisement

"**** those bitches for refusing to force themselves to find me attractive even though they can't control it!"

Guys make girls, whom they don't actually fancy, feel like models? If they're drunk and desperate for a shag. And if they're unsuccessful, they forget about them; if they're successful, they shag and forget. God yeah, they really put those gals on a pedestal!

Guys make girls, whom they don't actually fancy, feel like models? If they're drunk and desperate for a shag. And if they're unsuccessful, they forget about them; if they're successful, they shag and forget. God yeah, they really put those gals on a pedestal!

It's the girls fault for not having sex with guys, except the 5% of guys who seem to banging every sexually active chick in the country, except that when the hot ones are all banged out, the guys getting laid then drop their standards and bang the chicks they wouldn't normally bang until the super hot chicks have rested up a bit and need more banging.

No wonder I am so damn tired, i must be sleep-banging my way around Ireland.

"**** those bitches for refusing to force themselves to find me attractive even though they can't control it!"

I never put the blame on women. The blame is entirely on the 'forbidden group' for destroying society through social conditioning in the media. They did this in order to destroy the family and de-stabilize society to make it far easier for them to control.

Viewing some of the despicable attitudes displayed in a few of the threads on here about sex and women, their plan is going as swimmingly as it possibly could.

Same here, I would rather an overweight guy than a skinny one and that is why is women get more abuse with having a bit of weight on them.
    Your personal preference is the reason why? I'd say it's more to do with women being more judged on their appearance in general. E.g. there are far more magazines featuring sexy women than magazines featuring sexy men. Not saying it's wrong, but it's the case. But also, there are overweight women who wear skimpy clothes and obviously men tend not to, hence overweight women being more noticed in that regard.

It's the girls fault for not having sex with guys, except the 5% of guys who seem to banging every sexually active chick in the country, except that when the hot ones are all banged out, the guys getting laid then drop their standards and bang the chicks they wouldn't normally bang until the super hot chicks have rested up a bit and need more banging.

No wonder I am so damn tired, i must be sleep-banging my way around Ireland.

Many of the girls are asexual and celibate. And I said the top 20% of guys, not 5%.

• Advertisement

I never put the blame on women. The blame is entirely on the 'forbidden group' for destroying society through social conditioning in the media. They did this in order to destroy the family and de-stabilize society to make it far easier for them to control.

Viewing some of the despicable attitudes displayed in a few of the threads on here about sex and women, their plan is going as swimmingly as it possibly could.
    Would that forbidden group be the zionists by any chance?

Would that forbidden group be the zionists by any chance?

Any mention of the forbidden group's name triggers a certain shaming term in sheeple's brains and outrage follows. I'd rather not induce that kind of a response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I think it is unattractive in fat girls and I mean fat. But I find it just as unattractive in very skinny girls. However, that is my personal impression at the end of the day they can do what they want if it makes them happy.

Any mention of the forbidden group's name triggers a certain shaming term in sheeple's brains and outrage follows. I'd rather not induce that kind of a response.

Hi Jim.

And i know you said Top 20%, but it's Top 5%.

You wouldn't know, being in the bottom 50% and all.

And it's pretty clear you are talking about the Shootyournutti...of which i am a member. We control the vagina markets and I am the clit commander.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

• Advertisement

Where are you getting the stats from, Issem/all your other incarnations e.g. Lavezzi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Many of the girls are asexual and celibate.

Eh :confused:?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Maybe I'm drunk but this made me laugh :)

Where are you getting the stats from, Issem/all your other incarnations e.g. Lavezzi?

It's a travesty that people are so brainwashed that they deny the truth even when it is so plainly put before them. If you were awake you'd recognize all the travesties I mention, but you're in a media-indoctrinated state in which you have no idea of true reality, so I might as well be telling you these things in Japanese.

If you'd just explain what the conspiracy is that we're too stupid to see - it would benefit us after all. But you never do explain the conspiracy...

As opposed to skinny chicks wearing revealing clothing?
    Yes.
    Grayson wrote: »
    The guys are just as bad to be fair.
    But there's also more pressure on men than women nowadays. Male film stars all have 6 packs and bulging pecs.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/jan/06/body-image-concerns-men-more-than-women

There is not more pressure on men than women nowadays - why lie? There may be more body pressure on men in general, but moreso than on women...?!

Leggings look great on good legs IMO.

There is not more pressure on men than women nowadays - why lie? There may be more body pressure on men in general, but moreso than on women...?!

Men in general are not picky about women's bodies at all; all they normally ask is that she not be unreasonably overweight. Most guys like a girl who has a bit of fat on her body anyway, rather than skinny. All a woman has to do is not gorge on huge amounts of junk food to achieve this.

Women on the other hand, have a strong preference for a guy who is both muscular and 100% lean. To achieve this a guy needs to spend hours a day in the gym and likely even take steroids which are illegal and toxic to the human body.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,532 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I really want to know who the forbidden group are now.

It never really helps your argument when you try and support it using stats pulled out of your ass.

Yes, they're the only guys any women will go for in reality - seriously, stop telling lies. :D
    How many such guys do you know? Because I don't know any.
    And I see you've finally acknowledged very overweight women AREN'T put on a pedestal. Just because some women fantasise about such men (I don't - vain central) doesn't mean that's the type they'll strictly go for.

Yes, they're the only guys any women will go for in reality - seriously, stop telling lies. :D
    How many such guys do you know? Because I don't know any.
    And I see you've finally acknowledged very overweight women AREN'T put on a pedestal. Just because some women fantasise about such men (I don't - vain central) doesn't mean that's the type they'll strictly go for.

Yes, true but many guys who lack in other departments think that if they work out enough their body composition will make up for their lack of looks/height. This is where the real pressure on men comes from. Women who're anorexic are narcissists who want to feel superior to others. There's a huge difference.

• Advertisement

kowloon wrote: »
    I really want to know who the forbidden group are now.

It never really helps your argument when you try and support it using stats pulled out of your ass.
    The forbidden group is the Jews. This poster is a serial re-reg loon... sorry, conspiracy theorist, who hates Jews and women - blames them for his unhappiness and anger instead of taking responsibility for himself. And will get super defensive now, possibly abusive, not because I'm wrong, but because the truth hurts. Oh and we're also living in a Jew-controlled, media shaped society that created feminism which has turned women into immoral whores when their natural and correct role is to be nice and compliant and to know their place - and eventually the Jews will be controlling us all and we'll be enslaved. It's happening right before our eyes if we could just open them dammit!!!

Princess Peach, he is for real - bizarre as that seems. But yes, the stats are pulled from his arse.

Women not fancying him is also part of a terrible conspiracy against him - so they, and don't forget the Jews, they started it all... MUST ALL PAY!!!

Hope that helps folks! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,532 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Yes, true but many guys who lack in other departments think that if they work out enough their body composition will make up for their lack of looks/height. This is where the real pressure on men comes from. Women who're anorexic are narcissists who want to feel superior to others. There's a huge difference.

WOAH! Stop. Really.

You've carried out extensive research into the complex world of eating disorders I assume? I'd be interested in seeing how your findings came to that conclusion.
    Oh wait, it's just a "feeling" you have, therefore it's true.

You've carried out extensive research into the complex world of eating disorders I assume? I'd be interested in seeing how your findings came to that conclusion.
    Oh wait, it's just a "feeling" you have, therefore it's true.

It's pretty obvious; because anorexic women still only want the top 20%. Your physical appearance is only relevant to how it allows you to attract the opposite sex. For reasons other than that, it's simply vanity. Vanity is a form of narcissism. Narcissism is the need to feel superior to others.

Anorexic women want what? You've interviewed several of them I take it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

It's pretty obvious; because anorexic women still only want the top 20%. Your physical appearance is only relevant to how it allows you to attract the opposite sex. For reasons other than that, it's simply vanity. Vanity is a form of narcissism. Narcissism is the need to feel superior to others.

I find this very interesting because I go to a support group for women who have eating disorders and we have NEVER discussed wanting to be more attractive to men.

And your post stating the exact opposite as the sole reason for eating disorders made me realise this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I'm not a sheeple.

I'm a wolf-man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

uhhuh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

it helps if they're not dickheads too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

More people than usual up at this time of night. Good to see important business being taken care of. :pac:

Advertisement