Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMV policies are messy

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Hygro wrote: »
    I just bought this game, from HMV ... and it's sealed tighter than a nuns you know what!

I was waiting to see what they were gonna do with the game after what you had posted about Dark Knight.

What I was half thinking was why would they open a new game like they have store rooms and security systems in place a tagging system works why are games any different than other box sets etc??

A security alarm wont deter all thieves, some will just take it and run. And if they have them in the back room the customers won't see them...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JuliaG

Late reply, I know:)

The reason they take games out of boxes is to prevent theft. The price per unit of a game is much higher than dvd/cd. A dvd boxset is bulky and can be spider/wrap tagged. Games are a very high priority.

The guy was wrong to tell you they can't take it back. He was either uninformed himself or was just being a jerk. Sounds like he was just being daft & spouting out the automatic 'can I return such & such?' 'is it sealed', without thinking about it.
    Also, as bad as it sounds, some staff, even (if not especially) the ones in higher positions can, and are, actually clueless. Experience. (who you know etc.)

Did you end up returning it, out of interest?

Advertisement