Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kindle screen freeze

• 27-03-2012 4:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hey there,
    Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. My Kindle has frozen up. Whether it has anything to do with it or not, I haven't used it in quite a while so the battery may have drained, possibly contributing to the problem. Anyway, the screen had the screensaver on it, when I went to turn it back on there was no change.

I read up a few things online and tried what was suggested (holding the button for 15 seconds, etc), but nothing worked.

I opened the back of the kindle to press the reset button, but this also did nothing. Finally I removed the battery and put it back again, but no improvement. The only difference throughout all this is that the ink is fading from the screen throughout the day.

I bought it 2nd hand so I don't know if I can return it to Amazon (also don't know if opening it up will void the warranty if there was one!).

So I'm just wondering if anyone else has successfully dealt with this issue?

Thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Cianos wrote: »
    Hey there,
    Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. My Kindle has frozen up. Whether it has anything to do with it or not, I haven't used it in quite a while so the battery may have drained, possibly contributing to the problem. Anyway, the screen had the screensaver on it, when I went to turn it back on there was no change.

I read up a few things online and tried what was suggested (holding the button for 15 seconds, etc), but nothing worked.

I opened the back of the kindle to press the reset button, but this also did nothing. Finally I removed the battery and put it back again, but no improvement. The only difference throughout all this is that the ink is fading from the screen throughout the day.

I bought it 2nd hand so I don't know if I can return it to Amazon (also don't know if opening it up will void the warranty if there was one!).

So I'm just wondering if anyone else has successfully dealt with this issue?

Thanks very much
    Silly question, but have you tried charging it fully? I've seen this before when the battery is completely drained. A couple of hours on charge rectifies matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Silly question, but have you tried charging it fully? I've seen this before when the battery is completely drained. A couple of hours on charge rectifies matters.

I charged it for a bit but probably not fully...going to plug it in now and see if it helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Unfortunately that didn't work.

did you drop or bend the screen by accident? if it's second-hand is it not registered to someone else on amazon? if it's under a year old + have receipt you might have a chance of getting it replaced.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Email Amazon, don't tell them it's 2nd hand. Just say you have a Kindle and it's broken. I wouldn't be surprised if they replaced it, no questions asked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement