Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Cheque Cashed

Options
  • 27-03-2012 7:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

I recently wrote a cheque and posted it to visa to be put into my visa account, I put a slip with it instructing them of card number etc. I have done this many times without any problem. A few days later the money comes out of my current account but over 2 weeks later it still has not shown up on my visa card? Visa say they never received the cheque and the bank say i need a copy of the cheque for them to investigate?? Where do i stand on this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

The bank have the copy of the cheque. You need to ask them for it. It should show who the money was paid to on the back of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

What has happenned is that Visa either credited the cheque to someone else's account, or they have it sitting in a suspense account for unidentified payments received.

You will need to obtain a photocopy of the cashed cheque (front & back) from your own bank, staple it to a covering letter to Visa & send it to them, provided of course that Visa have stamped/endorsed the cheque. If they haven't, & someone else has cashed it, then your own bank will be able to follow up.

A bit late now, but it's always a good idea to write your Visa account number either on the front or back of a cheque, as sometimes a payment slip could get lost or unattached when being taken out of an envelope.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,164 ✭✭✭Tow

jeckle wrote: »
    A bit late now, but it's always a good idea to write your Visa account number either on the front or back of a cheque, as sometimes a payment slip could get lost or unattached when being taken out of an envelope.

I always write the account number, invoice number and staple payment/lodgement slips to cheques. The banks hate things being stables to cheques, but better a annoyed banker than having to track down where a cheque went to. :-)

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Advertisement