Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robert Bowling resigns from activision

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

What's the gos or scandal ? He isn't going to respawn by any chance is he? I didn't know much about him but thought he was quite disliked by the community for being a bull****ter and spoofer

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Jesus, I know CoD players get a lot of stick because of the 12 year old comments that get shouted about, but some of the tweets he's recieving make me ashamed to be human.

edit: for those on mobiles, here's a few choice excerpts:
    @fourzerotwo YES AT LAST YOU ****** USELESS ******. I HOPE YOU DIE YOU PIECE OF **** ******
    @fourzerotwo Bitchmade ******. Kill yourself.
    @fourzerotwo you didn't resign, you got fired you rapist ****** ****.
    @fourzerotwo Your a dumb mother ***** i hope you become homeless ****** ****** go to hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

KilOit wrote: »
    What's the gos or scandal ? He isn't going to respawn by any chance is he? I didn't know much about him but thought he was quite disliked by the community for being a bull****ter and spoofer

Bowling and activision apparently butted heads over comments he made about dlc during a livestream saying that old maps should be free to players

In all likely hood he will join respawn

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I couldn't care less about this news but those twitter comments are horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

NTMK wrote: »
    Bowling and activision apparently butted heads over comments he made about dlc during a livestream saying that old maps should be free to players

In all likely hood he will join respawn

Doubtful, he's hardly a massive asset. Besides, they already have a community manager Abbie Heppe and Activision hired Dan Amrich as community manager for the publisher leaving Bowling surplus to requirement.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

NTMK wrote: »

Give them away for free! No wonder Activision fired him. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I wonder if the Double XP weekend was his parting gift to the comunity. Seems it was still turned on late last night.
    I wonder if he did it on the sly and did not tell activision, just as a parting gesture.... a final up yours to the publisher?????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I wonder if he did it on the sly and did not tell activision, just as a parting gesture.... a final up yours to the publisher?????

I really cant tell if you're being serious. You actually think that he secretly went behind the back of Activision and secretly set up a double XP weekend. Sure how would that be damaging to Activision at all. How is that an 'up yours'?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I find the idea that someone thinks a "Creative Strategist" could trigger a Double XP weekend to be far more disconcerting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I wonder if the Double XP weekend was his parting gift to the comunity. Seems it was still turned on late last night.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Who the feck is he and why should I care?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

He... did an important sounding job for activision :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

maybe call of duty can now die :pac:

Who the feck is he and why should I care?
    He was "Creative Strategist" for Infinity Ward which basically translated to a more outward Community Manager.

Also, you shouldn't care. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wow great what people think is acceptable to say on twitter but I'd dare them to say the same thing to someones face :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

he is a complete spoofer when it comes to his promises made about the direction COD was taking but he seemed to be Activisions "no really this time we're listening to the fans" soundbite mouthpiece than anything else, all promises but nothing delivered.

in the run up to MW3's release he was all "this is changing, thats changing, no more sh1tty aspects" and then on release once the launch issues with Elite, the lagggg problems, and the various overpowered perks and guns were being questioned by players.....nada.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

maybe call of duty can now die :pac:

It's got 4 or 5 more cash-ins before Activision crush another lucrative IP with over-saturation.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Those twitter responses sum up pretty much what the cod community has evolved into so its no surprise to me at all.
    I gave up caring about the series after mw2.

Dcully wrote: »
    Those twitter responses sum up pretty much what the cod community has evolved into so its no surprise to me at all.
    I gave up caring about the series after mw2.
    Unfortunately I've seen that calibre of user leak into BF3 even on the PC. Doomed. :(

EDIT: What makes it even more disturbing on the PC is that they're actually taking the time and effort to move both hands onto the keyboard, in-game, and type that drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

pretty much standard fare for all online games, i've seen/heard far worse in wow in the last few years, and thats from a "friendly" community.

Arent there any measures on twitter to prevent that type of talk? bans/cooldown periods etc..(i dont use it so i dont know)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Accounts on Twitter can be suspended if they're reported. I hope they were tbh.

I'd hate to see that sort of nonsense making it's way into BF3 or indeed any game.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    It's got 4 or 5 more cash-ins before Activision crush another lucrative IP with over-saturation.

its a pity another company can't get the rights to it and turn it back into a money grabbing, dismal after sales support franchise, but as its Activisions golden goose since they ruined most of their other major titles they'll never sell it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

gizmo wrote: »
    Unfortunately I've seen that calibre of user leak into BF3 even on the PC. Doomed. :(

EDIT: What makes it even more disturbing on the PC is that they're actually taking the time and effort to move both hands onto the keyboard, in-game, and type that drivel.

lol so true. i was in few matches of BF3, where both teams would have 4-6 people constantly shouting abuse at each other, while others trying to play game... then you realise that your team is down by 4-6 people because they put all effort in to chat, not teamwork or at least "pew pew pewing".

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

gizmo wrote: »

This is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

krudler wrote: »
    he is a complete spoofer when it comes to his promises made about the direction COD was taking but he seemed to be Activisions "no really this time we're listening to the fans" soundbite mouthpiece than anything else, all promises but nothing delivered.

in the run up to MW3's release he was all "this is changing, thats changing, no more sh1tty aspects" and then on release once the launch issues with Elite, the lagggg problems, and the various overpowered perks and guns were being questioned by players.....nada.

In fairnes though he was essentially not in any position of power there, he was simply a rep for Activision / IW to the community at large. He would have been on a very tight leash as to what and when to say it. In fact I doubt anything we heard from him was his own opinion or feelings. He was paid to spout what the two companies wanted him to say and he did that. He may or may not have agreed with it but its hard to be mad at him when all he was doing was being a go between. Be mad at the people telling him what to say.

He more than likely believd his statement that old maps should be free but his job was so ****e that he litterally could have been sacked for saying what he belived. Sure he lied and was paid to lie to the community but look at what happened when he did otherwise. We all have to shut our mouths for the companies we work for when our feelings and thoughts dont line up. God knows I'd love to be 100% honest with some of my customers aboutthe company but we need a pay check so we just swallow our pride and lie.

hightower1 wrote: »
    In fairnes though he was essentially not in any position of power there, he was simply a rep for Activision / IW to the community at large. He would have been on a very tight leash as to what and when to say it. In fact I doubt anything we heard from him was his own opinion or feelings. He was paid to spout what the two companies wanted him to say and he did that. He may or may not have agreed with it but its hard to be mad at him when all he was doing was being a go between. Be mad at the people telling him what to say.

He more than likely believd his statement that old maps should be free but his job was so ****e that he litterally could have been sacked for saying what he belived. Sure he lied and was paid to lie to the community but look at what happened when he did otherwise. We all have to shut our mouths for the companies we work for when our feelings and thoughts dont line up. God knows I'd love to be 100% honest with some of my customers aboutthe company but we need a pay check so we just swallow our pride and lie.

True, he's a PR mouthpiece, or was. Its just a pity Activision have such disdain for their customers, even though I wasnt a huge fan of Blops, Treyarch really did mostly listen to people and fix things (except Ghost Pro, but thats been discussed to death on the COD forum)

Advertisement