Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Education options a 20 year old.

Options
  • 27-03-2012 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi , I was unfortunate enough to have to drop out of UL in October due to my familys financial circumstances and now i've just turned 20 and find myself on Jobseekers Allowance.
    I've probably applied for near 100 jobs in the past few months both Part-time and Full-time with no luck and I'm eager to continue with further education come September but find I am not eligible for back to education allowance until I turn 21 and am not in a position where I can afford to give up my payment (as much as i'd like to) .
    I'm just wondering does anyone know of any options I might have of returning to education in September or will I just have to wait another year before i am eligible for anything.
    Thanks for any advice you might have.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Often if you do a part time course you can keep your jobseekers payment. If you are in the Limerick city area Siobhan in the Adult Guidance service will be able to let you know what courses might be an option for you in Sept. Tel: 061 310880

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Tough situation OP, maybe just use this time to do work experience or something to that effect.

Advertisement