Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Library

Options
  • 27-03-2012 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Judt wondering can anyone use the library in the college or do you have to have a card? I just want to study not take out books. Also can anyone use the computers? Or can you sign up to use them? I've looked on the library page but havn't been able to find the necessary information?

Also it closes at 9.45pm weekdays? Or have I the wrong info? Thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭- bo -

I think you're supposed to be registered with the college and so have a student card but you'll probably be ok. I've only been asked for it once and I'm there a few years. The library closes at 9.45pm alright, I've spent enough nights cramming essays together to know :(

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Techno_Toaster

- bo - wrote: »
    I think you're supposed to be registered with the college and so have a student card but you'll probably be ok. I've only been asked for it once and I'm there a few years. The library closes at 9.45pm alright, I've spent enough nights cramming essays together to know :(

Thanks think I'll try it anyway and maybe apply for external membership or something! Hoping to be a student there in september all going well and I won't need to worry about it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭vinamax

If you're just there to study, you'll be fine. All you need a student card for is printing, photocopying, and checking books out. I have never been asked for ID, and I spent more time in there in the year since I graduated than in the four years I was a student...

You do need a student account to use the computers, but I think there's an OK WiFi connection in there. It's not the best, but better than a kick in the arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Michael Doheny

Hi There

At present external membership of AIT library which includes a library card with facility to borrow up to 3 books and also printing and photocopying and computer access, this is all available for €50. You can also apply for reading access only for €5.00 / annum at present. See information at http://libmain.ait.ie/screens/forms.html

regards
    Michael Doheny
    Assistant Librarian
    AIT

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

or just go in there and keep your fiver

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

athlonelad wrote: »

Just pay the fiver. It's great value for the resources available. Well worth it imo

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

athlonelad wrote: »

Just pay the fiver. It's great value for the resources available. Well worth it imo
    Have never been asked for my student card there. Didn't think they did as I've often seen secondary school students using the library (in uniform). You can't take out a book with that offer so what's the point in wasting a fiver

Advertisement