Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wii problems

• 27-03-2012 11:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

I figure this might better here than in Nintendo forum if mods wish can move.

Being an "IT" guy a friend of mine asked to reset their wii to system defaults.

I do own a Wii but don't know a whole lot about them. So I formatted the system memory. The wii was never online before (about 5 years old) so I tried to update to the most recent firmware.

The wii could connect to the internet via wifi and update news/weather channel, but everytime I tried to do the system update the Error Code: 32002 appeared. I notced that one of the reasons this can be if the Wii had at some point been running modded software. I know the home brew channel was on the dash before formatting but no idea what was used to install it, e.g. miiboot or wiihack or whatever people use these days.

Is there a way to find out if I formatted the memory what was used and uninstall it? if not is there a way to get the wii back to a normal state ?

It's running I think 4.2E

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

if you want to properly clean the wii and update , google "revirginize wii"

and use the top link that starts with......sites.google.com/site/blablabla

not allowed link it here Im afraid !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Stuxnet wrote: »
    if you want to properly clean the wii and update , google "revirginize wii"

and use the top link that starts with......sites.google.com/site/blablabla

not allowed link it here Im afraid !

Thanks for that, worked perfectly, Wii back to factory settings with most recent update.

Thanks a lot!

Advertisement