Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland west Aiport flights to Paris/Milan/Franfurt

Options
  • 27-03-2012 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

Great day for the Airport and the region. April flights seem to be just €18 return to these destinations including online check in taxes etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Great news. Congrats to all concerned. Wish them well

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭qrrgprgua

bensweeney wrote: »
    Great day for the Airport and the region. April flights seem to be just €18 return to these destinations including online check in taxes etc.

Yes... BUT if we don't avail of the flights.. If Ryanair does not get their 75% seat capacity.. They are pulling the routes from know.. :-( they haven't said this.. but its a known strategy to use their plans.

SO FLY FROM KNOCK!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

qrrgprgua wrote: »
    Yes... BUT if we don't avail of the flights.. If Ryanair does not get their 75% seat capacity.. They are pulling the routes from know.. :-( they haven't said this.. but its a known strategy to use their plans.

SO FLY FROM KNOCK!!!!!!!

A known strategy? Of course it is. Keep route that are profitable, can the ones that arent. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭ehcocmeo

Sad to see Ryanair scrapped these flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

ehcocmeo wrote: »

Any link to back this up? They were probably just operated during the summer season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

ehcocmeo wrote: »

Summer season flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mary from the dairy

and up to 80 euros to get from airport to Castlebar ......

mmmmm ..... let me think .....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

and up to 80 euros to get from airport to Castlebar ......

mmmmm ..... let me think .....

Not everyone that uses the airport comes from castlebar. How did it cost 80 to get from castlebar to knock. There is a bus service that leaves castlebar twice a day to and from the airport and certainly doesn't cost 80 euro return.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Neworder79

Those were scheduled seasonal flights (as are all the Ryanair sun/euro routes with the exception of Lanzarote which operates through the Winter).

I would expect some the European cities to return next April if the airport and Tourism Ireland continue to provide marketing support, but it may take a few years to build inbound demand new routes so there could be some changes. But Barcelona (REU/GRO) in particular has done well from Knock several years with high loads.

Lufthansas Dusseldorf flight is already on sale for Summer 2013, and Bristol is back operating this winter. Turkish charters began last week and all the UK routes are operating for the winter other than Leeds which is seasonal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

So happy Bristol is operating this winter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Mary from the dairy

statto25 wrote: »
    Not everyone that uses the airport comes from castlebar. How did it cost 80 to get from castlebar to knock. There is a bus service that leaves castlebar twice a day to and from the airport and certainly doesn't cost 80 euro return.

I am well aware that not everyone that uses the airport comes from Castlebar - I was talking from personal experience if that's ok with you. I know there are two buses a day from the airport - not really sufficient for the flights in and out is it and hardly up to European standards?

See thread below to see where I got the quote for taxi fares:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79516195

Advertisement