Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One can not simply *Ditch* AIB... or can they??

Options
  • 27-03-2012 1:49pm
    Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right

I currently have a standard Current account With AIB. I keep my savings in the post office (no going to the ATM in coppers @ 2am :pac: )

I also have a Credit Card with AIB, and A small loan (sub 3k) which gets paid off monthly

As i wouldnt keep 2.5k in my current account, Which bank would suit for me?

Would i be able to ditch AIB completely? Move everything to different bank?

Which would be my best option?

I do use AIB online a bit. so a bank with online banking is a must!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Ulster Bank - :D
    For the current account anyway (you can keep teh rest with AIB no problem)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Right

I currently have a standard Current account With AIB. I keep my savings in the post office (no going to the ATM in coppers @ 2am :pac: )

I also have a Credit Card with AIB, and A small loan (sub 3k) which gets paid off monthly

Moving everything to a different bank would require you to clear your credit card and loan with AIB. If you have funds to do so you can ditch them altogether. If you dont have the money or cant get it another bank to lend it to you to clear them then at least your CC and loan will remain with AIB.

You can switched your current account to any other bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Right

Move your current account, leave your loan and switch the direct debit details.

Advertisement