Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artificial grass - Opinions/Installers

Options
  • 27-03-2012 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I am thinking of replacing my lawn with artificial grass because the grass does not grow well and I have two young kids.

Has anyone installed artificial grass and what is their opinion of it?

Does anyone know of installers in Cork?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 whatyamacallit

Bumping this thread in the hope of catching someone eye and getting their opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

I am thinking of replacing my lawn with artificial grass because the grass does not grow well and I have two young kids.

Has anyone installed artificial grass and what is their opinion of it?

Does anyone know of installers in Cork?

Synthetic lawn is a viable alternative for sites where grass does not grow. Like many aspects of landscape gardening, quality of materials and installation are key. There are various grades (not to be confused with quality) available, pick one which is suitable for family gardens and not ornamental grade.

For reduced maintenance, choose a grade which requires no brush in sand/rubber crumb. Expect to pay € 60.00 - € 75.00/sq m for S+F for the better grades.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 whatyamacallit

Hi Sonnenblumen. Do you supply and or install artificial grass? Why does infill add to the maintenance? From what I read it seems that infill seems to be a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Good quality grades do not require infill, the latter is usually used with inferior grades which require infill to keep tufts upright. Infills also require replenishing over time.

Yes we can!

Advertisement