Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire in Doyles Pub Phibsborough (D.7)

Options
  • 27-03-2012 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was passing by Doyles pub in Phibsborough this morning and saw windows smashed and what looks like fire damage, does anyone know what happened exactly?

I am assuming it was a fire but saw nothing on the news about it, I saw a garda car outside?

Pity as the pub is a lovely especially on day like this :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Doyles is a kip, The Hut better be alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ChrissySarah

Hey, yeah there was a pretty big fire. A group of friends and I were walking home from McGowans and the firemen had to smash the windows to put the fire out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Hey, yeah there was a pretty big fire. A group of friends and I were walking home from McGowans and the firemen had to smash the windows to put the fire out.

McGowans would benefit from a well-placed match too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ChrissySarah

Was my first time there :P was completely dead! €3.50 drinks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Another heritage building damaged by fire. Makes me wonder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

i live nearby and know a guy that used to work there... ill ask him what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Right lads, I've banned one and warned another in this thread.

This is not After Hours, the forum has been warned time and again about this and we're (moderators) are coming down on muppet behavour.. If you can not be civil and helpful in this forum I suggest you feck off elsewhere.

the fire in Doyle's pub was caused by an electrical short out behind one of the tills.

i was told by the bouncer that worked there before it burned down.

there is quite extensive damage throughout the building... it will be at least 6 months before they can reopen. Pending insurance claim, planning, tender process, and reconstruction work.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

the fire in Doyle's pub was caused by an electrical short out behind one of the tills.

i was told by the bouncer that worked there before it burned down.

there is quite extensive damage throughout the building... it will be at least 6 months before they can reopen. Pending insurance claim, planning, tender process, and reconstruction work.

Finally an answer to my question!

thank you

Doyles pub has reopened last thursday.

They had all the fire damaged areas downstairs refurbished. Looks better than it used to. the bar is no longer in the middle of the pub.

• Advertisement
Advertisement