Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 2 - Episode 1 **Have Read The Books / Spoilers Included**

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

I was underwhelmed by the first episode.

In the last season they had two amazing characters/actors, possibly the best of the lot: Robert Baratheon and Eddard Stark, and they're both dead now.

Craster was nowhere near as menacing/crazy/creepy as I imagined. Remember Maester Aemon and how creepy (in a different way) and compelling he was in the first season? Craster should have been much more creepy and evil. And I don't know what they are doing putting him in the first episode since that doesn't happen until about halfway through the book. I hope they aren't going to let success get to their heads and start deviating from the books as the series goes on... I'm not sure if they invented that bit where Craster likens Snow to a sexy girl as I don't remember it in the book but it seems really out of place.

Melissandre disappointed me a bit also. The bit about the poisoning, the rituals, Stannis, Davos (where the hell was his introduction and backstory?!), it all seemed kind of rushed.

Meanwhile they give a large amount of time to Cersei and Joffrey acting the eejit the same way they did all along.... we already know about their characters from the episodes so far, and most people dislike them and are tired of them.
    Son0vagun wrote: »
    Loved the return, but it all seemed too fast paced for me. Hope it slows down a bit and focuses on characters. But in saying that maybe it just seemed fast because i was excited, and when i rewatch it won't seem so fast.

I did think though they should have opened the epoisde with the prologue from the book, Stannis burning the seven, instead of Jofferys name day thorney! Would have got us familar with the new characters straight away!

Today I fast forwarded through the episode with Sky+ at 12x, I would recommend it if you want to get a quick look at an episode without viewing the whole thing again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wasn't looking out for it but only occurred to me now after the fact, was Davos missing his fingers or not in the series????

That really was a detail I should have been looking for from books to screen :pac:

calex71 wrote: »
    Wasn't looking out for it but only occurred to me now after the fact, was Davos missing his fingers or not in the series????

That really was a detail I should have been looking for from books to screen :pac:
    Yes when he was placing the ships on the stone table before stannis herded himself and the son out you can see that he is missing his fingers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Yes when he was placing the ships on the stone table before stannis herded himself and the son out you can see that he is missing his fingers

Sure what else would be in the pouch around his neck :)
    Unless they turn him into a eunuch in the series :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Rewatching it now, Rob says to Jamie about him pushing Bran out the window because he saw Jamie shagging Cersei ??? Did Rob ever know that ??? I don't remember him knowing but I might be wrong. Maybe Catelyn did but I'm not sure she foind out until the riverun part when she
    let's Jamie go

I don't recall Cersei nearly having the guards slicing Peters throat either , but that was a much more effective set up for his later season 3 actions than in the books I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Rewatching it now, Rob says to Jamie about him pushing Bran out the window because he saw Jamie shagging Cersei ??? Did Rob ever know that ??? I don't remember him knowing but I might be wrong. Maybe Catelyn did but I'm not sure she foind out until the riverun part when she
    let's Jamie go

Stannis's letter denounced Jofferys claim to the throne and reiterates what Ned Stark said in his letter to Stannis, that Joffery is born of incest between the queen and her brother. As Stannis ordered that letter was sent out all across the Kingdom.

Robb put 2 and 2 together.

Advertisement