Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Video of French killings

• 27-03-2012 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭

Just saw on the BBC website now that that Al-Jazeera have decided not to show footage of the 7 murders commited by Mohamed Merah in France recently after a plea by Sarkozy not to show them.

Would you watch them if they were aired, or if they were on the Web would you look at it?

Personally I don't think I could but I know I would be curious to see at least some of it despite it's horrific content.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

yeah I just love seeing children being shot in the head at close range by a deranged lunatic shouting about how Allah is great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Why in the name of fcuk would anybody watch children being shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

Auvers wrote: »
    yeah I just love seeing children being shot in the head at close range by a deranged lunatic shouting about how Allah is great

Wow, you must be a bit sick in the head so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

I think its a good thing al jazeera didnt show it. It would be better if all the media that the videos are on are burned.

I think its a good thing al jazeera didnt show it. It would be better if all the media that the videos are on are burned.

It's weird that they even considered showing it in the first place though.

I know they have shown some gruesome sh!t in the past like executions but I wonder what they would have shown?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

qz wrote: »
    Why in the name of fcuk would anybody watch children being shot.

So that the next time some little retard goes on about how evil the US or the West is they can do so in the crystal clear knowledge of exactly what they are up against.

I am in two minds on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

I think I'd rather watch Nutty Professor 2 The Klumps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

No, but I'd watch the video of the French Police taking him down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

lastlaugh wrote: »
    Wow, you must be a bit sick in the head so.

btw that was sarcasm

but if it was a video of that murdering pr1ck being riddled with bullets, I would quite happily sit down with some popcorn for the show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I'd rather watch a video of that cretin being turned in to a bullet warmer by the police.

• Advertisement

foxyboxer wrote: »

Is that not a bit weird aswell?

Watching someone being killed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,655 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Is that not a bit weird aswell?

Watching someone being killed?

It would be weird if he was fapping to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Yes I would watch it.
    No I wouldnt enjoy it or "love it".
    Yes I feel for the dead and their families and think it was a horrible event.
    No Im not a sicko or head-case.

I like to get an idea of reality and what really happens. Nearly everything that happens in this world is sheltered by media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I'd prefer to watch 2 girls, 1 cup with my mother.

Do you think you would enjoy watching it?

Would you feel justice is being done and it would negate the gruesomeness of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Do you think you would enjoy watching it?

Would you feel justice is being done and it would negate the gruesomeness of it?

Purely out of grim curiosity I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

The sad thing is, it may find its way onto LiveLeak or one of those sites. Some people just enjoy watching that kind of stuff. Saw the Daniel Berg (name?) beheading video a few years back, totally turned me off watching any of that stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I would watch both.

Purely out of grim curiosity I suppose.

Fair enough.

I was interested if people would watch that nutjob's killings though.

I watched Saddam Hussein's hanging online out of grim curiosity also and was disgusted by the jeering before he dropped.

realies wrote: »
    I would watch both.

Even the kids being killed?

I don't know if I could bring myself to look at it.

• Advertisement

markesmith wrote: »
    The sad thing is, it may find its way onto LiveLeak or one of those sites. Some people just enjoy watching that kind of stuff. Saw the Daniel Berg (name?) beheading video a few years back, totally turned me off watching any of that stuff

Someone posted an horrific video from Livelleak on Facebook a while ago.

It was an 'anti-war' video and I innocently started watching it.

Next of all there was a kid in Vietnam who was burned by Napalm running and crying, it was absolutely shocking.

The guy who posted it was of the opinion that if you agreed with War, you should be able to stomache watching it's effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I don't know. If it's available morbid curiosity might get the better of me.

Do you remember the video of the Ukrainian killing the guy with a hammer released a few years back? These 2 Ukrainians were going round treating murdering innocent people as hunting. I felt quite sick after watching that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

~No, I wouldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

No doubt it'll be on Theync in a few days.

last laugh wrote: »
    Even the kids being killed?

I don't know if I could bring myself to look at it.

For me it would be seeing the reality of what happened and how, and not just relying on media representations of the Incident/murder .Watched that beheading a while back,gruesome stuff.

I don't know. If it's available morbid curiosity might get the better of me.

Do you remember the video of the Ukrainian killing the guy with a hammer released a few years back? These 2 Ukrainians were going round treating murdering innocent people as hunting. I felt quite sick after watching that.

:eek:

Can't say I've seen that thanks be to God!

I wonder if many Palestinians who have lost people close to them would watch this video with a sense of revenge having been done though...

You sick minded, weird ridden PERV!!!!:D

last laugh wrote: »
    Someone posted an horrific video from Liveleak on Facebook a while ago.

It was an 'anti-war' video and I innocently started watching it.

Next of all there was a kid in Vietnam who was burned by Napalm running and crying, it was absolutely shocking.

The guy who posted it was of the opinion that if you agreed with War, you should be able to stomach watching it's effects.

He has a point imo, to many people around saying do this and do that and not knowing the reality of what actually happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

As horrible as it sounds, you do get used to it eventually. I guess morbid curiosity got me interested a few years back, and at first I was sickened but now I can view most things grand. Things like the ukranian murders and vietnam videos are generally light compared to some things. Dont take me for someone bragging or trying to be different or whatever you will label it as.
    I suppose the people who have to clean up after these messes and who deal with incidents like these get used to them too, or else they wouldnt be able to do their jobs.

I have a lot to say on this topic but I wont, as its hard to do so without being ridiculed and seen as an unstable psycho or something. Its also hard to convey with words what I want to say.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Fuçk man, there was a time when I was as keen as fook to watch online mutilation but I'm fuçked up now. I can't really watch anything violent that's actually real, it's too scary. I can read about it all day but actually watching it? Not so sure, it's too much. Today a person who would have been blacksmith but today in the age of political ultra violence I can now view the sh1t frontline soldiers used to live, but they're mentally set up for that, as the son of business millionaire I'm not there.

I may not have been a blacksmith back in the day but I'm still fućked by the sh1t I see online dayt to day. That has to have an effect on society.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Batsy

Last night, Sky News showed CCTV footage of five-year-old Thusha Kamaleswaran being shot. It can be seen here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17300327

The film shows Thusha dancing and skipping around in an aisle of her uncle's shop in Stockwell, south west London, on March 29th last year. Suddenly, Thusha and members of the family can be seen rushing to the door to see what's going on outside as they can hear a commotion. Then gunshots ring out and the family rush to safety. But when the adults run off camera little Thusha can be seen lying motionless in the aisle, before her uncle drags her away.

She survived the attack but is now paralysed for life.

The perpetrators are members of a gang who were trying to shoot a rival gang member.

Nathaniel Grant, Kazeem Kolawole and Anthony McCalla have been found guilty at the Old Bailey of grievous bodily harm with intent.

They were also convicted at the Old Bailey of attempting to murder gang rival Roshaun Bryan.

Needless to say, Grant, Kolawole and McCalla are all black.
    Mod note: user banned for this gem

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Batsy wrote: »
    Needless to say, Grant, Kolawole and McCalla are all black.

lol, your are such a ****ing broken record Batsy.

Careful now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Just saw on the BBC website now that that Al-Jazeera have decided not to show footage of the 7 murders commited by Mohamed Merah in France recently after a plea by Sarkozy not to show them.

Would you watch them if they were aired, or if they were on the Web would you look at it?

Personally I don't think I could but I know I would be curious to see at least some of it despite it's horrific content.

There's a limit and targeting kids like that would be it fer me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I wouldn't want to watch it. ****ing hate when they show dead people who people getting killed on TV. There's a place reserved in hell for editors who put pictures of dead bodies on the front page of newspapers.

• Advertisement

lol, your are such a white ****ing broken record Batsy.

:D:D

lol, your are such a ****ing broken record Batsy.

It didn't take a genius to work out the skin colour of three London gang members going on a shooting spree. I knew it before I even saw their gormless faces in their prison mugshots.

Nodin wrote: »
    There's a limit and targeting kids like that would be it fer me.

Would you watch other stuff like beheadings & hangings?

Just curious...

amacachi wrote: »
    I wouldn't want to watch it. ****ing hate when they show dead people who people getting killed on TV. There's a place reserved in hell for editors who put pictures of dead bodies on the front page of newspapers.

Well that little girls family approved it being shown on TV.^^^^
    Should they go to hell?

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Well that little french girls family approved it being shown on TV.
    Should they go to hell?

Sorry, what French girl's family?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Would you watch other stuff like beheadings & hangings?

Just curious...

I have.

One of my favourite programmes is "Banned From TV". I've got several episodes of it on DVD. It's film footage of people being killed in accidents or being executed.

My favourite is the woman who crosses a level crossing in Illinois. Apparently the cameraman was waiting for an old train to come pass so he could film it. Instead, he filmed some gormless woman crossing a level crossing despite the bell warning her not to cross. A train comes and hits her. Needless to say she's no longer with us.

I also like the bit in which two rapists are shot by firing squad in Chechnya by around six of the victim's family members. The rapists are chained to a wall and absolutely pooing their pants. Then they have their brains blow out.

And there's another where a man in California blows his brains out on the motorway with a rifle and his head disappears in a red mist.

And there's one where villagers of a Mexican village tie a rapist to a tree and set in on fire. You can just sit back, relax, and watch him roast to death. It's great entertainment.

Sorry, what French girl's family?

The little girl shot in the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Showing stuff like that just incites hatred and causes unnecessary distress. It serves no positive function.

One of my favourite programmes is "Banned From TV". I've got several episodes of it on DVD. It's film footage of people being killed in accidents or being executed.

My favourite is the woman who crosses a level crossing in Illinois. Apparently the cameraman was waiting for an old train to come pass so he could film it. Instead, he filmed some gormless woman crossing a level crossing despite the bell warning her not to cross. A train comes and hits her. Needless to say she's no longer with us.

I also like the bit in which two rapists are shot by firing squad in Chechnya by around six of the victim's family members. The rapists are chained to a wall and absolutely pooing their pants. Then they have their brains blow out.

And there's another where a man in California blows his brains out on the motorway with a rifle and his head disappears in a red mist.

And there's one where villagers of a Mexican village tie a rapist to a tree and set in on fire. You can just sit back, relax, and watch him roast to death. It's great entertainment.

Does Harry Hill present that one?

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Well that little girls family approved it being shown on TV.^^^^
    Should they go to hell?

Did you read what I wrote? I don't care if someone approves or not, I'm sure plenty approved of Gaddafi's mangled face being all over news-stands, I still didn't like it and I don't see how it's necessary when reporting news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

The guy who posted it was of the opinion that if you agreed with War, you should be able to stomache watching it's effects.

That's a very interesting point and difficult to argue against.

There has been some fairly horrific stuff posted in the "photos that shocked the world" thread. Most seem to be of a voyeuristic nature rather than actually headline grabbing photos. I guess for some people the distant numbs what is actually occurring on a human level.

Of course it is and of course you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Was she in the deleted scenes?

Did you read what I wrote? I don't care if someone approves or not, I'm sure plenty approved of Gaddafi's mangled face being all over news-stands, I still didn't like it and I don't see how it's necessary when reporting news.

Save the wounded knee smartsy fartsy replies for the Arsenal thread.:pac:
    You still didn't answer the question......
    Shoould the family go to hell in keeping with your opinion of the media showing footage like this??

• Advertisement
Advertisement