Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone or Samsung?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Nah, no regrets. I'm instantly cooler with the iPhone. I need all the help I can get.

Eh, No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Nah, no regrets. I'm instantly cooler with the iPhone. I need all the help I can get.

why, every tom dick and harry has one so your in fact a sheep :P:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

jonnny68 wrote: »

why, every tom dick and harry has one so your in fact a sheep :P:D
    Does that make sgII owners hipsters?

My wife will be delighted. Better buy her some ironic glasses

Squ wrote: »
    Does that make sgII owners hipsters?

My wife will be delighted. Better buy her some ironic glasses

No it doesn't hipsters are sad individuals even more so if they think they are uber cool because of the phone they have and ive seen my fair share of people who think they are uber cool because they own an iPhone:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

jonnny68 wrote: »
    No it doesn't hipsters are sad individuals even more so if they think they are uber cool because of the phone they have and ive seen my fair share of people who think they are uber cool because they own an iPhone

Change the record.

• Advertisement

Eoin wrote: »
    Change the record.

relax mate, lighten up :rolleyes::D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

HTC Sensation XE beats SGS2 and Iphone hands down. 1.5ghz dual core processor, free beats headphones and software, HTC built in add ons. Fantastic phone and Ice cream sandwich Android OS is rolling out in April to Ireland for most HTC phones. Pity I just heard there are quad core phones coming out in the next month just after I bought mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

I've bought a £699 64MB iPhone.
    GB Pounds or Euro? Crazy money :eek:

Yes, the iPhone, designed for those who are not bothered about making their gadget "their own", and are happy to sit back and let it do what it does the way Apple wants it to, whether the "owner" likes it or not. Those who jailbreak are the sheep who have discovered the options and decided to leave the flock.

Easy to use out of the box, no need / interest in tinkering with settings etc? iPhone is ideal, but paying over Eur200 more than a Prepay GSII (currently only Eur479.99 on VF) is , well, never mind :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Galaxy S2 is the best piece of technology I've ever bought. Simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭multimate

Funglegunk wrote: »
    Galaxy S2 is the best piece of technology I've ever bought. Simple as.

Yeh. It much better. ICS? on youtube look up sgs2 vs iphone 4s. 4s = in bits after drop test whereas gs2 = grand. android all the way!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    GB Pounds or Euro? Crazy money :eek:

Yes, the iPhone, designed for those who are not bothered about making their gadget "their own", and are happy to sit back and let it do what it does the way Apple wants it to, whether the "owner" likes it or not. Those who jailbreak are the sheep who have discovered the options and decided to leave the flock.

Easy to use out of the box, no need / interest in tinkering with settings etc? iPhone is ideal, but paying over Eur200 more than a Prepay GSII (currently only Eur479.99 on VF) is , well, never mind :confused:

His has four times the storage though. 16 vs 64= extra money.

If you compare the 16 4S then the price is similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

32gb sdcards are cheap. So you will have 48gb with sgs2 effectively. Call it 80gb if you want to carry a second sdcard and swap it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

srsly78 wrote: »
    32gb sdcards are cheap. So you will have 48gb with sgs2 effectively. Call it 80gb if you want to carry a second sdcard and swap it in.

Didn't realise the Samsung GSII has an SD slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭pigeon999

mad muffin wrote: »
    srsly78 wrote: »

Didn't realise the Samsung GSII has an SD slot.
    Yeah it does! That's another down side to the iPhone. I would like to have the choice but then you you could always get 16GB or 32GB or 64GB model. But an iPhone with 16GB internal memory and 16GB SD card is way cheaper than a 32GB iPhone.

Advertisement